" The Star of David, the Jewish national emblem, is a six-pointed star, formed by two triangles, one standing on its base, the other on its apex. Deprived of their base lines, these trian­gles approximate the familiar Masonic emblem of the Square and Compass. It is this Star of David of which a Jewish ob­server in Palestine remarks that there are so few among the graves of the British soldiers who won Palestine in the recent war; most of the signs are the familiar wooden Cross. These Crosses are now reported to be objectionable to the new rulers of Palestine, because they are so plainly in view of the visitor who approaches the new Jewish university. As in Soviet Russia, so in Palestine, not many Jews laid down their lives for the cause: There were plenty of Gentiles for that purpose.

[H: I would tell you a little tale about this very small town of Tehachapi. Over the non-Catholic cemetery here someone laid out a cross on the hillside. It contained flowers and somehow denoted the area as a cemetery. Along came the Jews and objected. They not only objected, but by law the township was required to remove the symbol. So, now there is the bottom of the Cross with no top--just a "T" for, I sup­pose, Tehachapi. There was a flap over that too as being outrageous in snickering compliance--but there it is, with only stones and no flowers. My, my aren't we cute? Do you REALLY think the dead people care about the flower beds? Well, I guess most of them are complaining about the hot-feet.] "