PJ 46
CHAPTER 1

REC #2 HATONN

MON., MARCH 2, 1992 10:35 A.M. YEAR 5, DAY 199

MONDAY, MARCH 2, 1992

RED CELL

For those of you who witnessed 60 Minutes yester-evening I be­lieve you will begin to find our writings regarding the outra­geous infiltration and violence within your "intelligence" groups to be quite accurate and denial should lessen considerably.

I found much humor afoot and you will note that the most ludi­crous of all of the American intelligence services is making the most fuss about infiltration, as terrorists, of your own special forces into the Navy's installations. I sincerely hope and pray that you are beginning to see all things through different "eyes" these days as your awareness is piqued.

As we begin a new volume of the JOURNAL I find my scribe dismayed that we are into our fourth document and still are only on page 135 in the book upon which we started out to focus at­tention. So be it--we have as long as we have and all matters become as urgent as the other in point.

For you who missed the previous and have access to this first, let me say that I shall not give background information. Suffice it to say that I am utilizing a document censored by the CIA prior to allowing printing and that censorship was upheld and, in fact, required, by your judicial system. We are identifying the author as "I.M. Anonymous (IMA)" for security for I desire the missing information be brought or sent to me and I shall see to its publication. It must be without knowledge of the author for he would be in direct contempt of court.

As we trip off onto side issues you will find that we are giving you that information at any rate as we set the players of the Elite Conspiracy Cartel into focus. I only wish you readers to get "turned-on" and to the point of "I won't take it any longer"--but I do not ever suggest violence nor disadvantageous actions which are illegal in any way whatsoever.

Please note that I make remarks in brackets ([H:]) and effort to set up the areas of deletions exactly as has the author--in cen­tered space in bold lettering. The work is the outlaying of the workings of the CIA which in turn, structures all Intelligence Cults to great extent. All are simply branches springing from the Mother Web--the controlling Committee of 300 rulers and rule-makers and their official enforcement group--British Intelli­gence. Even your "Jewish" leagues are ALL branches of British Intelligence--NOT "Jewish".

Dharma, we will not delay with background as ones can obtain all the background desired from the prior volumes. We shall simply start exactly where we left off at quarter-page down on page 135. Thank you. You will find the writing outdated for the original document was published in 1974. It suffices for in­formation on the establishment and working organization of the service in point and you will be able to update for self if you ac­quire our other documents or those of other writers of inside in­formation.

CUBA

Latin America in 1954 was the scene of one of the CIA's great­est paramilitary triumphs--the successful invasion of Guatemala by an agency-organized rebel force. And it was in Latin America that the CIA seven years later suffered its most notable failure--the abortive invasion of Cuba at the Bay of Pigs. But the agency was slow to accept defeat in the Cuban operation. The only reason for the failure, the CIA's operators believed, was that President Kennedy had lost his nerve at the last minute, refusing more air support for the invasion and withholding or reducing other possible assistance by U.S. forces. [H: We have covered all of this in other writings as it REALLY happened. You must constantly keep in mind that you will be receiving information herein from the perspective of ones experiencing that which they can uncover at the time and cannot be totally accurate in the forefront of the issues in point. Remember always--hindsight is much better and--yet, in these matters--still deliberately hidden and clouded.] Consequently, the agency continued its relationships with its "penetrations" of Cuban exile groups--in a way reminiscent of its lingering ties with Eastern European emigré organizations from the early Cold War period. And the CIA kept many of the Bay of Pigs veterans under contract, paying them regular salaries for more than a decade afterward [H: Moreover, you will find these same operatives popping up at every major event of scandal such as Watergate, Iran-gate, etc.]

8 LINES DELETED

Time after time, the Cuban government would parade CIA-sponsored rebels before television cameras to display them and their equipment to the Cuban public and the world. Often the captives made full confessions of the agency's role in their ac­tivities.

HOT BOAT FOR NEW INVASION

Nevertheless, the CIA kept looking for new and better ways to attack the Castro government. Under contract to the agency, the Electric Boat Division of General Dynamics at Groton, Connecticut developed a highly maneuverable high-speed boat designed for use by guerrilla raiders. The boat was supposed to be faster than any ship in the Cuban navy, and thereby able to move arms and men into Cuba at will. There were numerous delays in putting the boat into pro­duction, however, and no deliveries were made up to 1967. By that time, the U.S. was too deeply involved in Southeast Asia to think seriously about a new invasion of Cuba. The CIA, therefore, quietly dropped the boat project and turned the developmental model over to the U.S. Navy.

Also during the mid-1960's

9 ½ LINES DELETED

By 1968, almost everyone in the Clandestine Services had fi­nally accepted the fact that special operations against Cuba had outlived their usefulness. To be sure, there were still some diehard veterans around who would continue to propose new schemes, but even "Frank Bender"--the heavy-accented, cigar-smoking German refugee who had helped manage the Bay of Pigs fiasco--could no longer bring himself to believe in them. The death knell for CIA Cuban operations was sounded that year, seven years after the Bay of Pigs, when the agency closed down its two largest bases in Florida. One of these, located on an old naval air station at Opalocka, had served as an all-purpose base for CIA-sponsored raids on Cuba.

3 LINES DELETED
LATIN AMERICAN OPERATIONS

While the CIA was largely concerned with Cuba in its Latin American operations during much of the 1960's, the rest of the continent was by no means neglected. For the most part, the agency's aim was not to overthrow particular Latin American governments but rather to protect them from local insurgent movements. The CIA generally avoided getting involved in any large way, instead using relatively small amounts of covert money, arms, and advisors to fight leftist groups. While this switch in tactics reflected the counterinsurgency theories popular in the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, it also came as a result of the diversion of a substantial part of the nation's mili­tary resources--covert and otherwise--to Southeast Asia.

PERU

The CIA assumed the role of coordinator of all U.S. gov­ernment counterinsurgency activities in Latin America, and other agencies--particularly AID, with its police-training pro­grams, and the Defense Department, with its military-assistance and civic-action programs--provided the CIA with cover and ad­ditional resources. Much of the agency's manpower for Latin American special operations was furnished by the U.S. Army's Special Forces; small detachments of Green Berets were regu­larly placed under CIA control. These soldiers usually came from the Third Battalion of the Seventh Special Forces, located at Fort Gulick in the Canal Zone. The agency had its own paramilitary base in the Canal Zone, and even when the Special Forces carried on missions outside the CIA's direct command, agency operators kept in close touch with what was going on. Since 1962 more than 600 Special Forces "mobile training teams" have been dispatched to the rest of Latin America from Fort Gulick, either under direct CIA control or under Pentagon auspices. Green Berets participated, for example, in what was the CIA's single large-scale Latin American intervention of the post-Bay of Pigs era. This occurred in the mid-1960's, when the agency secretly came to the aid of the Peruvian government, then plagued by guerrilla troubles in its remote eastern regions. Unable to cope adequately with the insur­gent movement, Lima had turned to the U.S. government for aid, which was immediately and covertly forthcoming. [H: If you find this kind of action unacceptable to your belief system--then I suggest you hear what Col. Bo Gritz (who has one of those cute little green berets) has to say about his own stint in Panama, etc.]

JUNGLE FORT BRAGG

The agency financed the construction of what one experi­enced observer described as "a miniature Fort Bragg" in the troubled Peruvian jungle region, complete with mess halls, classrooms, barracks, administrative buildings, parachute jump towers, amphibious landing facilities, and all the other accoutrements of paramilitary operations. Helicopters were furnished under cover of official military aid programs, and the CIA flew in arms and other combat equipment. Train­ing was provided by the agency's Special Operations Divi­sion personnel and by Green Beret instructors on loan from the Army.

As the training progressed and the proficiency of the counterguerrilla troops increased, the Peruvian government 14 grew uneasy. Earlier, the national military commanders had been reluctant to provide personnel for the counter-in­surgency force, and thus the CIA had been required to re­cruit its fighting manpower from among the available local populace. By paying higher wages than the army (and of­fering fringe benefits, better training, and "esprit de corps") the agency soon developed a relatively efficient fighting force. In short order, the local guerrillas were largely wiped out.

A few months later, when Peru was celebrating its chief national holiday, the authorities refused to allow the CIA-trained troops into the capital for the annual military pa­rade. Instead, they had to settle for marching through streets of a dusty provincial town, in a satellite observance of the great day. Realizing that many a Latin American regime had been toppled by a crack regiment, Peru's leaders were unwilling to let the CIA force even come to Lima, and the government soon moved to dismantle the unit.

BOLIVIA

As large and successful as the CIA's Peruvian operation might have been, it was outweighed in importance among agency leaders by a smaller intervention in Bolivia that oc­curred in 1967; for the CIA was out for bigger game in Bo­livia than just local insurgents. The target was Che Gue­vara.

THE TRACKING OF CHE

When he vanished from the Cuban scene in the spring of 1965, there were reports that Ernesto "Che" Guevara, the Ar­gentinean physician and comrade-in-arms of Fidel Castro, had challenged the Cuban leader's authority and, as a result, had been executed or imprisoned. There were other reports that Guevara had gone mad, beyond all hope of recovery, and was under confinement in a villa somewhere in the Cuban provinces. And there were still other reports that Che had formed a small cadre of dedicated disciples and had gone off to make a. new revolution. At first no one in the CIA knew what to believe. But eventually a few clues to Guevara's whereabouts began to dribble in from the agency's field stations and bases. They were fragmentary, frustratingly flimsy, and, surprisingly, they pointed to Africa--to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, now called Zaire. Yet another insurrection was going on in the former Belgian colony, and information from the CIA's opera­tives in the field indicated that foreign revolutionaries were par­ticipating in it. Some of their tactics suggested the unique style of Che Guevara.

Before the intelligence could be verified, however, the rebel­lion in the eastern inland territories suddenly evaporated. By the fall of 1965, Lake Tanganyika was again calm. But the CIA mercenaries (some of them veterans of the Bay of Pigs opera­tion), who had been assisting the Congo government in repress­ing the revolt, were convinced, as were their agency superiors in Africa, that Che had indeed been in the area.

CHE GUEVARA WOULD "SET AFRICA AFLAME"

Later it was learned by the CIA that Guevara and a group of more than 100 Cuban revolutionaries had infiltrated into the Congo from neighboring Tanzania in the spring of 1965. They intended to set Africa aflame with rebellion, but their revolu­tionary zeal was not matched by that of the native guerrillas or the local populace. In disgust, six months later Che secretly re­turned to Cuba to lay plans for his next adventure. At the time, however, the CIA knew only that he had once again disap­peared. Again conflicting reports as to his whereabouts and status, health and otherwise, began to drift into the agency. By early 1967, almost a year and a half later, the information avail­able to the agency pointed to the heart of South America, to Bo­livia.

While many of the officers in the CIA's Clandestine Services firmly believed that Guevara was behind the insurgent move­ment in the southern mountains of Bolivia, a few of the agency's top officials hesitated to accept the fact. Despite that air of doubt, some agency special operations personnel were sent to the land-locked South American country to assist local forces in dealing with the rebel movement. Ironically, at this point not even Bolivian President Rene' Barrientos thought that Gue­vara was involved in the guerrilla movement.

A couple of months later, in April, two events occurred that dramatically underscored the belief of the CIA's clandestine op­erators, both in Bolivia and at headquarters, that Che was lead­ing the rebels. Early in the month a Bolivian army unit overran the base camp of the guerrillas at Nancahuazu, capturing docu­ments, diaries, and photographs which the fleeing insurgents had left behind. Included in the materials seized at the guerrilla base camp were photographs of a partially bald, gray-haired man with glasses who, upon close examination of certain features, bore a striking resemblance to Che Guevara. In addition, a couple of smudged fingerprints on some of the documents seemed to match Guevara's. The documents, furthermore, clearly established that a number of the guerrillas operating in Bolivia were Cubans, probably some of the same men who were thought to have been with Guevara in the Congo.

FRENCH JOURNALIST CONFESSES

Ten days later Regis Debray, the leftist French journalist, who had disappeared months earlier upon arriving in Bolivia to do a geopolitical study, was captured near Muyupampa, along with two other foreigners suspected of having been in contact with the rebels. According to his statements months later, the journalist Debray was saved from summary execution by the CIA men accompanying the Bolivian forces who captured him. Afterward he was confronted with secret evidence by the same CIA operatives, disclosing that the agency knew a great deal more about his activities abroad and in Bolivia than he had thought possible. Denying, at first, any knowledge of Gue­vara's connection with the rebel movement, Debray soon wilted and began to talk in an attempt to save himself from trial and execution.

Even with the rapidly mounting evidence, Director Richard Helms still could not accept that the legendary Cuban revolutionary had indeed reappeared to lead another rebellion. He scoffed at the claims of his clandestine operatives that they had acquired proof of Guevara's presence in Bolivia; Helms guessed Che was probably dead. Thomas Karamessines, then chief of the CIA's Clandestine Services, who had presented the case to the Director, would not, however, back down from the con­tention that his operatives were now hot on Guevara's trail, and Helms' attitude seemed to spur the clandestine operators to great efforts. More agency "advisors", including Cuban veterans of the Bay of Pigs adventure, were soon dispatched to Bolivia to assist in the tracking down of Guevara. A team of experts from the Army's Special Forces was sent to la Paz from the Canal Zone to train Bolivian "rangers" in the art of counterinsurgency operations.

THE CHE OBSESSION

The Clandestine Services were obsessed with Guevara, and even somewhat fearful of him. He was in part a constant and ir­ritating reminder of their failure in the Cuban operation. Unable to vent their frustrations and anger against those U.S. officials who had undercut that desperate effort, and incapable of gaining direct retribution by destroying Fidel himself or his Soviet and Chinese allies, the CIA's Clandestine Services were left to brood over their failure--until Guevara exposed himself. In so doing he presented himself to the CIA as an inviting target; his capture or death would provide some measure of revenge for past failures.

Let us take a respite at this time. We shall take up the next chapter utilizing this same subject of Che.

Hatonn to clear, thank you.
PJ 46
CHAPTER 2
REC #3 HATONN
MON., MARCH 2, 1992 3:39 P.M. YEAR 5, DAY 199
MONDAY, MARCH 2. 1992
GLOBAL 2000 AND MORE LA ROUCHE QUESTIONS

I cannot do this subject justice AND get on with the CIA--which I feel must come next in the outlaying. I am continually asked to comment on LaRouche and now, with the release of Dr. Coleman's book (which I have recommended highly), comes more inquiry.

I want you ones to discern intent of the LaRouche thrust. I will say that his all-out effort to "get" Kissinger is what has ended him in prison with a life sentence.

You want me to sanction, somehow, this man. I do not. He had a most unConstitutional treatment and that does need to be looked into most closely. He also saw what was coming down and WHO was doing it.

"Well, he claimed the Jews were this or that or the other." No, he did not. Your assumption is that he did because the Anti-Defamation League set him up and brought him down.

LA ROUCHE AND THE ADL

In order to discredit LaRouche, over the prior 15 years the ADL accused LaRouche of being an anti-Semite--the term used against anyone "they" want out of the way. In this instance it was primarily due to LaRouche exposing the international drug traffickers, which the ADL fronts for and protects. The testi­mony of one Irwin Suall of the ADL totally discredited the charge that LaRouche was an anti-Semite. Suall "swore under oath that he did not know what a Jew was. He defined an 'anti‑Semite' as one who attacked the Anti-Defamation League or Edgar Bronfman! He had called LaRouche a 'small-time Hitler', but testified he had no first-hand knowledge of LaRouche's writings or actions. Suall thus admitted that he had made no effort to discover facts which might prove or disprove hearsay reports that LaRouche was alleged to be an 'anti-Semite' ." So herein you have the actual facts of the matter. The accusation of "anti-Semitism" actually means anti-Anti­Defamation League and Israeli Political Action Committees and Lobbyists.

Now we will get to the reason for the confusion: During the trial John Weber, a member of the Club of Life (hold this in your heart a moment) AND the B'nai B'rith (ADL), testified about his lifelong involvement with Jewish affairs and his personal as­sociation with LaRouche. He stated: "If Lyndon LaRouche is an anti-Semite, then I would have to be called an anti-Semite, and no one who knows me would ever call me that." Right--so you see, one has no reference to the other than the picture which has been erroneously painted for you to swallow.

Then another name enters the picture; Roy Innis. Innis is a founding member of the Club of Life and Chairman of the Congress of Racial Equality (CORE). So, if all these types of men are LaRouche's allies then what could have been the mat­ter? More important is the fact of an Anglo-American-Soviet Conspiracy.

The important thing in this scenario which might allow you to see more clearly is the lack of God in LaRouche's plans. There is also only minimal intention to utilize the Constitution of the united States to any great extent. There is a total focus on the "HUMANISTIC" (physical human aspects of physical being)--without "under God" being considered in much of any way ex­cept as a useful item in countering the Pugwash crowd and the Kissinger crowd.

HATONN AND COLEMAN

You will find that Dr. Coleman has covered this subject. I hap­pen to take differing views in some instances but I do not wish, at this time, to distract from the volume just come to public of­fering. You can begin to shift your country about through use of strictly "human" means but you will not find solutions for life existence without God as your focus and goal intent.

I will take time to present this to you without taking sides in the issue. I will effort to simply lay it out for you and then you will be able to measure against other documents at your disposal and perhaps you can get an objective view of the differing "sides" in the issue in point.

Yes, I realize that by my writing on the subject I shall distract from Dr. Coleman's project. I cannot, however, allow such human ego to disallow you-the-readers from having the informa­tion. There are many writers who will discount Dr. Coleman's accounting as with all men--for or against an issue. My job is to bring the facts in addition to that which is given and therein you can begin to discern for self. Am I biased? Indeed--for I come only in service to God of Light and the Perfect Creation. I am a "Host" come to set preparations for this return unto the human experience of this Divine Being and one human OPINION above another makes very little difference to me. Truth is what is of­fered and it is very delightful when there can be overlay and confirmation from the human aspect--it becomes easier for you of the human experience--to accept and understand. Otherwise it simply becomes one more confusion quarrel over "opinions". I remind you--you can "judge" a thing (not a man) by the LAWS OF GOD AND THE CREATION. If the presentation deviates from the given LAWS then the projection is of false intent. If the thrust is only unto the physical expression--it is not of God but projection of MAN. SINCE ALL PHYSICAL MEN ARE HUMAN--THEN YOU WILL FIND ERRORS IN DIS­CERNMENT AND JUDGMENT TOWARD THIS OR THAT OF THE HUMAN ASPECT. MINE IS TO SEPARATE AWAY FROM THAT FOCUS AND OFFER THAT WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO MOVE WITHIN THE HUMAN. ASPECT TOWARD THE SPIRITUAL FULFILLMENT OF THE JOURNEY INTO FREEDOM. ALL THINGS FOCUSED SOLELY ON THE "PHYSICAL" LEAD ULTIMATELY INTO SLAVERY WITH ONLY THE NAMES IN POINT CHANGING TO SUIT THE NEEDS OF THE PROJECTORS. SO BE IT.

I ask that you be reminded as we speak of Constitutional rights, etc. A human can be quite vile and rightfully be deserving of consequences of his actions--HOWEVER, if his Constitutional "RIGHTS" are violated and injustice brought down--the two wrongs do NOT make the circumstance correct. Please do not confuse the two things. Mine is never to cause interference in JUSTICE--only INJUSTICE--for JUSTICE IS GIVEN AS A PROTECTION BY YOUR CONSTITUTION AND A PERSON IS PRESUMED INNOCENT UNTIL AND "IF" PROVEN TO BE GUILTY. IF A MAN BE GUILTY THEN THE INVES­TIGATION SHALL PROVE THE FACTS "IF" THERE IS NOT TAMPERING WITH THE JUSTICE OF THE EVI­DENCE.

A man's belief or non-belief in Sovereign Holy God is between that Man and God--it is none of my business. If a man be ac­cused of a "crime" of physical perpetration and he be innocent, he deserves the full extent of the Constitutional laws to protect him and God belief has naught to do with it on that personal, physical level. The "crime" is in point--not the man's spiritual belief system.

Because, for instance, Dr. Coleman or George Green, Dharma or Johnny Jump-up has an opinion regarding a circumstance of outlay of historical review--DOES NOT MEAN I HOLD THE SAME OBSERVATION REGARDING THE MATTER. FOR INSTANCE--JOHN COLEMAN MAY DEPLORE OR AD­MIRE BEYOND REASON, A LYNDON LAROUCHE. I MAY WELL HAVE AN EXACT OPPOSING VIEW OF THE MATTER-AND I WOULD GIVE THAT UNTO YOU FOR YOUR OWN REASONING.

ONE ON ONE WITH GOD

THIS IS "WHY" I MAY RECOMMEND AN AUTHOR'S WORK BUT WILL NEVER SANCTION SAME IN TOTAL FOR HUMAN OPINION ALWAYS COLORS THE OUTPUT FOR THE WRITER CAN NEVER DISASSOCIATE HIS OPINION FROM THE SUBJECT CONCLUSIONS ACCORD­ING TO THE MANNER OF HIS LIFE COURSE. MY LIFE-STREAM IS NOT OF YOUR PLACE AND I HAVE NO IN­TEREST IN A MAN SAVE AS HIS RELATIONSHIP TO GOD AND HOW HE FUNCTIONS AND SERVES OR TAKES FROM THOSE IN HIS ENVIRONMENT. YOU ARE GIVEN GUIDELINES AND BY THOSE, IN YOUR AC­TIONS, SHALL YE BE JUDGED--NOT BY SOME SPACE CADET. IT WILL BE JUST YOU AND GOD, FRIEND--JUST YOU AND GOD.

Dharma, enough on the matter for now. I see that I shall have to interrupt the CIA to cover these myriads of questions regard­ing the "above" but I do wish to move on with the "intelligence" information for it will become a major discerning tool in all material given. Therefore, let us immediately take up where we left the printing. Thank you. I do not give Dharma opportunity to read material prior to our writing for I want not her opinions to give pain if they differ from that which I must write. John has made the material available for her reading--I have given her no time to do so except in small portions which would be given for your reader's input. She, too, has the listing of the names on the Committee but has had no time given to check them out except on specific ones of curiosity. This is so that if there is contradiction, she is not troubled by the material--if she knows no other input then there can be no contradiction. Af­terwards, she can do as you--go read it all if she can find time and then she can have all the "opinions" she wants regarding the matter. She is my secretary and, although she may be a large part of "management", her opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of myself--THAT IS OUR CONTRACT AND WE EACH HONOR THAT CONTRACT--ALWAYS.

I am not here to argue with man--any man. If the answers were correct and you lived according to that Truth--there would be perfection in your place--not the confusion and chaos which reigns. Ponder it.

TRACKING CHE, CONTINUED

During the summer of 1967, while the agency's special ops ex­perts were assisting the Bolivian army in hunting down Guevara, information as to his entry into Bolivia became available. It was learned that in November 1966 he had come to La Paz from Havana, via Prague, Frankfurt, and Sao Paulo, traveling on a false Uruguayan passport and disguised as a balding, gray-haired merchant with horn-rimmed spectacles--a far cry from the familiar poster picture. He had been preceded by fifteen Cubans who would assist him in his Bolivian venture. There was no longer any doubt in anyone's mind that Che Guevara was in the country and in charge of the guerrilla movement in the southern mountains. Both President Barrientos and Helms now accepted the fact. The Bolivian government offered a re­ward ($4,200) for Guevara--dead or alive. It was only a matter of time until Che would be run to ground.

GUEVARA CAPTURED

In the months that followed, the guerrillas suffered defeat after defeat at the hands of the American-trained, CIA-advised Boli­vian rangers. One battle, on the last day of August, resulted in the death of the mysterious Tania, the lone female in Guevara's rebel band. Although she evidently was a Cuban intelligence agent, a link between the guerillas and Havana, it was rumored by the CIA that the East German woman was actually a double agent. Her employer supposedly was the Soviet KGB which, like the CIA, wanted to keep tabs on Guevara's Cuban-spon­sored revolutionary activities in Latin America. Less than six weeks later, on October 8, Guevara himself was wounded and captured near the small mountain village of La Higuera.

GUEVARA EXECUTED

As they had done for Debray earlier, the CIA advisors with the Bolivian army tried to bring Guevara back alive to La Paz for in-depth interrogations. The Bolivian commander, however, was under orders to execute Guevara. All that was to be brought back were the head and hands--incontestable proof that Che had failed in his mission and was dead. [H: Remind any­one of John the Baptist?]

While the CIA advisors stalled the Bolivian colonel, the agency's station chief in La Paz tried to convince President Bar­rientos of the long-range advantages of bringing Guevara out of the mountains as a prisoner of the government. Barrientos was adamant. He argued that the Debray affair had caused enough difficulties and that the arrival of Che Guevara, alive, in the capital might spark disturbances among the students and leftists which his government would not be able to control. In desperation, the station that night appealed to Langley headquarters for assistance, but to no avail.

Going on the assumption that neither the station nor headquar­ters would be successful in getting Barrientos to change his po­sition, the senior CIA operative at La Higuera, ( DELETED ) attempted to question Che. The revolutionary, however, would not cooperate. He was willing to discuss political philosophies and revolutionary movements in general, but he refused to per­mit himself to be interrogated about the details of his operation in Bolivia or any of his previous guerrilla activities elsewhere. The CIA would have to settle for the contents of his personal di­ary, which he had been carrying at the time of his capture.

Final word came from the capital early the next morning. The prisoner was to be executed on the spot and his body, strapped to the landing gear of a helicopter, was to be flown to Valle­grande for inspection at a local laundry house by a small group of reporters and government officials. Afterward the corpse was to be buried in an unmarked grave outside of town. On hearing the order, ( DELETED ) the CIA operative, hurried back to the schoolhouse where Guevara was being held, to make one last attempt at interrogating Che. There was not much time left; the execution was to be carried out in the next hour or two.

Guevara's last moments were recorded in a rare, touching mes­sage to headquarters from the CIA operator. The Cuban vet­eran, and agency contract officer, noted that Guevara was at first still confident of somehow surviving the ordeal, but when he finally realized that he was about to die, his pipe fell from his mouth. Che, however, quickly recovered his composure and asked for some tobacco. His painfully wounded leg no longer seemed to bother him. He accepted his fate with a sigh of res­ignation, requesting no last favors. (DELETED) clearly felt ad­miration for the revolutionary and compassion for the man he had helped to capture and thereby condemn. Minutes later Che Guevara was dead.

CHE'S DIARY

The following summer Che's diary suddenly surfaced and soon found its way into the hands of his comrades in Havana and certain American admirers (Ramparts magazine), who immedi­ately verified its authenticity and published it, much to the cha­grin of the CIA and the Bolivian government, which had been releasing only those portions which buttressed their case against Guevara and his rebels. In the midst of the confusion, charges, and countercharges, Antonio Arguedas, Bolivian Minister of the Interior, disappeared in July among rumors that he had been the one who had released the document. Arguedas, as Minister of the Interior, was in charge of the Bolivian intelligence service, with which the agency had many close connections. And Arguedas himself was an agent of the CIA.

THE FLIGHT OF ARGUEDAS

It was quickly learned that Arguedas had escaped to Chile, where he intended to ask for political asylum. Instead, authori­ties there turned him over to the CIA station, and the agency man who had been his original case officer was dispatched from headquarters in Washington to cool him off. But despite the CIA's counsel, Arguedas spoke out publicly against the agency and its activities in Bolivia. He denounced the Barrientos regime as a tool of American imperialism, criticized the gov­ernment's handling of the Guevara affair, and then disappeared again, precipitating a major political crisis in Bolivia.

At various times during the next several months of 1968, Ar­guedas popped up in London, New York, and Peru. Alternately cajoled and threatened at each stop by CIA operatives who wanted him to shut up, the former minister nevertheless admit­ted he had been the one who had released Che's diary because, he said, he agreed with the revolutionary's motives of attempt­ing to bring about popular social, political, and economic change in Bolivia and elsewhere in Latin America. And ulti­mately, much to the horror of the CIA and the Barrientos government, Arguedas announced that he had been an agent of the CIA since 1965 and claimed that certain other Bolivian offi­cials were also in the pay of the secret agency. He described the circumstances under which he had been recruited, charging that the CIA had threatened to reveal his radical student past and ruin his political career if he did not agree to participate in its operations.

THE CIA-ARGUEDAS DEAL

Eventually the CIA was able to strike a bargain with Arguedas, and he voluntarily returned to Bolivia--apparently to stand trial. He told a New York Times reporter on the flight from Lima to La Paz that should anything untoward happen to him, a tape recording detailing his accusations against the CIA and the Bar­rientos government would be delivered to certain parties in the United States and Cuba. The tape, he said, was being held for him by Lieutenant Mario Teran. Teran, inexplicably, was previously identified as Che Guevara's executioner.

Arguedas, during his interview, hinted at the magnitude of his potential revelations by disclosing the names of several CIA of­ficers with whom he had worked in the past; Hugo Murray, chief of station; John S. Hilton, former COS; colonel Ed Fox; Larry Sternfield; and Nick Lendiris. He also identified some of the agency's contract officers who had assisted in the tracking down of Guevara; Jolio Gabriel Garcia (Cuban), and Eddie and Mario Gonzales (Bolivians). Arguedas credited the Gonzales brothers with having saved Debray's life. He now claimed, however, that Barrientos and even the U.S. ambassador were unaware of the full scope of the CIA's penetration of the Bolivian government, undoubtedly a concession to the powers that arranged his safe return to La Paz.

IRAQ PRESIDENT KILLLED

The final chapter in the episode was acted out the following summer, almost two years after Che Guevara's death. President Rene Barrientos was killed in a helicopter crash while returning from a visit to the provinces. Six weeks later Antonio Ar­guedas, the self-admitted agent of the CIA who had yet to stand trial for treason and releasing Che Guevara's diary, was appar­ently shot to death on a street in La Paz. A month later Herberto Rojas, the guide for the Bolivian rangers and their CIA advisors during the final trackdown of Guevara, and one of the few people who possibly knew where the body of the rebel leader was buried, was assassinated in Santa Cruz.

LONE SURVIVOR

The incriminating tapes Arguedas claimed to have given to Mario Teran for safekeeping have never surfaced. Arguedas himself, however, managed to survive the Che episode. In 1970, he mysteriously appeared in Cuba, having brought with him the death mask and embalmed hands of the charismatic rev­olutionary.

We shall move on to Proprietary Organizations when we write on this subject next.

I would like to leave you with a thought for self in the confusion of weighing facts and making discernments in this time of awakening. Every human being has an attendant spirit; and wise are they who obey its signals. If it does not always tell you what to do--IT ALWAYS CAUTIONS YOU WHAT NOT TO DO!

Good evening, Hatonn to stand-by reminding you: Your Spirit is your inner guide. Your Spirit never, never, gives you wrong direction. Because you are human, it is all too easy to deny the voice from within and those sent to your assistance from with­out. Some call this voice within, conscience. Often your be­havior may belie what your conscience KNOWS is right--even­tually you suffer for it. As you grow and awaken--it will be­come much more easy a task for you to discern that which is right and will move you to your perfect goal. A sense of secu­rity and peace always accompanies the partnership between each of you and your Spirit--don't betray SELF. SALU.