2004-07-16
    게시글
    힐링에너지

PJ 10
    CHAPTER 19

REC #1 HATONN

MON., DEC. 4, 1989 8:00 A.M. YEAR 3, DAY 110

MON., DEC. 4, 1989

Hatonn ready to begin--what a wondrous day you have upon your countryside, Dharma. I want you to go outside and walk a bit each day. Your body needs it and so does your soul. You ones must look around you at the beauty of your place lest you lose all perspective. You must not only recognize the presence of that which is incorrect and ugly--but you must see that which is your intent of correcting back into balance, as well. If you dwell only on the negative and evil aspects, you will lose your drive for preservation.

Hopelessness breeds inaction and this effort requires positive action. See the wondrous good and beauty that you might hold to your goals as they take for­mation.

Thank you Oberli, for bringing into my attention a statement I made in a previ­ous writing regarding selling and buying gold. Let me clarify it now before we move into the next journal subject.

BUY OR SELL GOLD

In the instance where I said to "sell" it appears a direct contradiction to my telling you to "buy". Lest you err, let me simply tell you how things will come as to sequence, in all probabilities.

I refer most directly to those ones who have been holding large investments in precious metals. You have a situation here wherein the price of gold from this date of December 4th will rise--expect it probably to move to $1,000, even. Obviously, if you hold a lot in reserve you should sell some, take your profits, place into short-term Treasuries and then, when the downswing hits, you can cash out and replace your gold at a great advantage. I cannot instruct each of you individually so I trust I have clarified my point.

Further, do not expect the entire system to fold simultaneously with the begin­ning of the issuance of new money. You will first of all be in replacement of that which you hold in a ratio type of exchange. Remember that your "big friends in government" are going to hold the system from collapse until they are completely ready with their debit system, etc. You just begin diligently remov­ing your resources out of the banks and S&Ls as rapidly and unnoticeably as possible, converting into nothing larger than $20 for the most part. You can get some in $100s and $50s and then turn around and exchange them for the lower sized bills or if you want to go to the bother, you can have a few (modest num­ber) to exchange on exchange day. What the government is looking for are the large pools of stored money. Don't for one minute think that it is for the big drug lords, although it will catch a bunch of "little" druggies and the government can then show you how wonderful is this new game of charades. They won't have to even raid houses, they can simply confiscate the sums right on the spot.

If you hold more than a given amount you will have to fill in forms, etc., as to why you hold so many large bills, etc. Act NOW and you will have it all under control before the fact.

I trust I have clarified the "gold" situation of the prior "buy"--"sell" confusion. That is intended more for the sophisticated investor. I shall repeat an outline of what appears to be the best type of wealth conversion remaining at your discre­tion. I further expect you who have questions to return to SPIRAL TO ECO­NOMIC DISASTER(#4) and SURVIVAL (#6). Thank you for your attention.

CONVERTING YOUR WEALTH INTO
    FORMS SUITABLE FOR
    HOME STORAGE

Basically there are only three or four assets that you should hold in your home survival portfolio: cash, gold, U.S. Savings bonds and possibly some bit of silver. Cash should be held in the form of small-denomination bills; $20s and smaller. Larger denominations may not be easily changed during hard times for many various reasons. As times worsen, the smaller bills will be most easily utilized for small purchases.

One way to discreetly accumulate cash is to write checks larger than the amount of a purchase and pocket the difference. Another is to periodically withdraw relatively small amounts of cash from your bank.

You should not make large withdrawals (over $10,000) in cash from a broker­age account or a bank. Doing so forces the broker or bank to generate a cash transaction form to the U.S. Treasury Department. Your name will be placed on a list of suspected "cash hoarders" and filed for future reference. You may be subsequently investigated for involvement in money laundering or, when the government needs money in some future crisis, the Treasury may try to get its hands on your private reserves.

Store cash in a dry, airtight container. Tupperware type containers or zip-lock heavy bags will work well for this purpose. Always put the cash into plastic baggies within the final container.

Gold is the next-most liquid asset to cash. Gold represents real wealth and at the outset of a Depression may sharply rise in value. When it does you will probably want to exchange it for cash or government securities as outlined above; like all other assets, gold will eventually decline dramatically in price. Gold should be purchased in the form of 1/10-ounce coins which today are worth about $50--the price of two or three bags of groceries.

The most popular 1/10-ounce gold coins are the South African Kruggerand, the U.S. Eagle and the Canadian Maple Leaf. There are some others such as the Panda, but my scanner shows the three former ones to still be the most suitable.

I believe that Investment Rarities Inc, (See appendix) will give you valid in­formation as regards the best investment modality.

For best liquidity, of course, you will probably want to stay with the U.S. coin, although all three contain the same amount of gold. You should test the gold coins you purchase with a counterfeit detector (such as those made by Fisch and perhaps several of you could even share in the acquisition of such a device), al­though counterfeits of 1/10-ounce coins are not the problem that you will find with the larger 1/2-ounce and one-ounce issues. I will later check into where you can obtain a counterfeit checking device and place it in the appendix under "counterfeit".

The best place to buy gold is over the counter at a coin shop or at a coin show. Pay in cash or with a money order; DO NOT USE A PERSONAL CHECK. Don't leave your name or address with the dealer. Like cash, gold is a very difficult asset for the government to track ownership of--and in a crisis, you will not want the government (or anyone else, for that matter) to know you are hoarding it. As time moves onward the government will undoubtedly lower re­quired reporting systems so pay attention to new regulations going into effect and act accordingly.

I further expect some several of my dear ones to open a corporation-owned coin shop and jewelry shop. This will allow you to have available in local areas an excuse to have large quantities available.

Store the gold reserves in the rolls in which they are purchased. Seal these in plastic containers with tape to keep out the moisture. Elsewhere in this journal I will make suggestions as to where to stash the goodies around your house or property.

Savings bonds are the only full-faith U.S. government obligations that can still be held personally. All other such obligations are now recorded in "book entry" form on government computers. You can buy older-issue bonds and obtain the certificates, but savings bonds are more practical for most people.

Savings bonds are available from virtually any bank. You will be required to show identification and each bond will be labeled with your name, address and Social Security number. Since savings bonds are not really a private invest­ment, there is no need to disguise your ownership of them by paying in cash or with a money order.

Silver has been demonetized, but may participate to some extent in a gold rally at the beginning of a Depression. Then its price, too, will decline. Silver should be held in the form of 40 percent silver Kennedy half dollars, which were made from 1965 to 1970. These coins have about 1/7-ounce silver, mak­ing them worth about 75 cents each at current silver prices.

The advantage of the 40 percent Kennedy halves is that they are legal tender. If silver prices plunge, the coins will always be worth at least 50 cents, so your downside is strictly limited. And if silver prices go up, so will the value of the coins.

Silver should be purchased the same way you buy gold--in person and paid for in cash or with a money order.

I wish to now move on with the journal and shall return to the How-to's of protecting your wealth from loss by fire or theft at a more appropriate place­ment for we still need to cover security and privacy within your home.

CASHLESS SOCIETY

Government bureaucrats, particularly those that inhabit the IRS, don't particu­larly like cash transactions, to make a gross understatement. Cash is difficult, if not impossible to trace at this current date. Cash makes it easier to do business "off the books". Cash is a private way to do business.

One way for the bureaucrats to do away with cash is to make possible substi­tutes very convenient. Today, credit cards and personal checks have done away with most cash transactions. And tomorrow, electronic "debit cards" promise to do away with the remainder.

With a "debit card", purchases are paid for with a card read by a merchant's computer terminal. Your bank account is debited automatically for the amount of purchase and the merchant's account simultaneously credited that same amount, minus a service charge.

The process is neat, simple and all the paperwork is done automatically. But if what you are purchasing is something that you wish to keep private, then you have a major problem. Suppose it is a gold counterfeit device?

Debit cards will be popular with merchants because they will permit an instant, foolproof credit to be applied to their accounts. Bouncing checks and credit card chargebacks will become relics of the past. Debit cards will also permit a merchant to categorize his customers by what they purchase and how much they spend. This analysis will permit him to direct his marketing efforts appropri­ately.

Banks like debit cards because they can deduct a service charge for making ev­ery transaction. Marketing firms like them since the profile created from indi­vidual purchases will create a much more detailed picture of consumer spending patterns.

Debit cards won't eliminate cash overnight. But their convenience makes them a sure bet as a hot product of the nineties and beyond and thereby almost negating possibilities of collecting cash for reserves. Debit cards are already in use in some nations such as France and in a limited number of U.S. cities. If it already has not come to your home town--it will!

"NEW MONEY"

If cash cannot be eliminated, why not manufacture it so that it can always be traced and the bureaucrats can always know where it is? Simple solution--call in all the old money and issue new money with magnetic strips. Then install metal detectors at all border crossings. Anyone crossing the border will set off an inexpensive alarm if he is carrying excessive cash. All that is left after the decision is simply to start. Well, they have started and here it comes! Further, they can keep tabs on all ones within the borders who hold or use large quanti­ties of the marked currency.

Government officials claim you need a new currency to squelch counterfeiting and money laundering--at least that is the hogwash they are handing you to make you plead for the process to begin "yesterday". You do want to protect your family from those nasty old drug dealers and money-laundering scums, don't you? Of course you do for you are a good, honest, patriotic citizen.

The first step was taken in July, 1986 (yes, almost four years ago). This came with the introduction of a transitional currency employing a difficult-to-repro­duce plastic thread interwoven into the design. Without question, this makes U.S. currency much more difficult to counterfeit.

Plastic threads, however, don't do anything to fight money laundering. What would be effective would be a sudden and unannounced recall of U.S. currency, to be replaced by a new "magnetic" currency. WELL, I AM HEREBY ANNOUNCING IT!

According to a "White Paper" recently published by The Oxford Club, the key decision the investor needs to make is to figure out which form a currency recall will take. The real question of interest to members of the Club, the report stated, is not whether or not a new currency is introduced, but how it is intro­duced.

Let me just quote here, please:

"Will it be introduced over a period of time, coexisting with existing currency, as the "official Treasury position" states, or will existing currency actually be recalled? Remember, one of the most significant reasons provided for introducing a new currency is to flush out hidden "drug money". Only with a recall would such money come out of the closets.

"If it is true that metal strips will be woven into the new currency, such bills would be difficult for all but the most skilled counterfeiters to reproduce. But consider the use to which a simple airport metal detector could be converted in the event of a metal currency. Instead of being used to detect weapons in the carry-on luggage of passengers, the metal detector would positively identify individuals boarding an airline with large amounts of cash. For instance, any in­ternational flight originating in the U.S. could be screened to determine who was in violation of increasingly stringent U.S. foreign exchange laws.

"What would be the point of introducing currency with metallic strips if a recall was not planned? After all, under a voluntary conversion, anyone wishing to leave the country with a large amount of cash would simply take "old money". From the government's point of view, this would completely defeat the purpose of the new currency to flush out 'drug money'.

"Another clue comes from the operation of the Bureau of Engraving and Printing's new Fort Worth facility. Repeated delays in construction of this mammoth and top-secret government plant seem to be tied to the delays in in­troduction of a new currency. The plant will be approximately 300,000 square feet in size and is to be equipped with the latest state-of-the-art German printing presses.

"Highly-placed sources inform us that the facility has been producing currency for some time. But no currency exchange has been announced. The only possible conclusion is that the new money is being stockpiled for a mass introduction at a later time.

"The only reason for a major stockpile of new money with metallic strips would be for a currency recall, not replacement. And if such a recall takes place, then anyone with hidden wealth that cannot be strictly accounted for could be forced to bare his soul to account for the source of those funds.

"Why? If a specific date were set whereupon all our present money must be exchanged for new money, after which the "old money" is no longer legal tender, then you would be forced to make the exchange. At that point, the IRS would simply ask anyone turning in "old money" for "new money" to pro­duce documentation that the funds were obtained legally--and for proof that taxes were paid.

"Such a recall would not require Congressional approval. The President simply needs to declare a national emergency. He could state, for instance, that the national drug epidemic warrants such action. And he could set a short time limit--say 30 days--for exchange of the old currency for the new.

"There are ample precedents for this course of action. President Roo­sevelt, for instance, used his emergency powers to impound gold from the American public in 1933. And since that date, Congress has awarded the Presi­dent with a dazzling array of emergency powers, most of which have been passed secretly and are not even published in the Library of Congress. In short, the President can do practically anything he wants to. A currency recall, in this context, is practically a non-event.

"Even if you don't think you have anything to hide, currency recall could touch your life directly. For instance, if you are involved in any type of activity in which your labors are exchanged for cash, when you exchange that cash, you will be asked to account for it.

"In the past, you might consider placing such money into a savings or checking account, but since the Supreme Court ruled that checks are public documents (since a third party, the bank, is involved), the IRS is therefore al­lowed to scrutinize all personal banking account transaction history. In fact, if you wish to hide money, a bank is possibly the worst place you could put it!

"Millions of us have perfectly legitimate reasons to hold large amounts of cash. These reasons are private and do not relate to any improper or unlaw­ful activity. A mandatory switch would be a serious attack on everyone.

"For instance, many people who experienced the Great Depression first hand recall that thousands of banks failed during those years. Anyone who lost money in a failed bank during the Depression may simply prefer to keep his money in cash.

"If you think that there would be massive opposition to such a conver­sion, you are not reading the same opinion polls that I am. Market Facts, a market research company, showed enormous public support for any currency exchange that was part of a fight against counterfeiting. Moreover, columnists such as William Safire have gone on record as favoring currency recall to fight drug trafficking and money laundering.

"Certainly, there have been very few protests in previous currency re­calls. Roosevelt's impounding of privately-owned gold resulted in a few squeals from the wealthy, but most people went along. (Those who didn't were subject to a 10 year prison sentence and a $10,000 fine)".

The cashless society and the new money are two enormously threatening trends from the standpoint of personal privacy. Be ready for them by converting any large stocks of cash into a foreign bank account or some other types of invest­ment as described elsewhere.

I would like the next segment to be set aside in its own "chapter" please, so perhaps we could take a short break before we continue.

Hatonn to stand-by.

PJ 10
    CHAPTER 20

REC #2 HATONN

MON., DEC. 4, 1989 11:00 A.M. YEAR 3, DAY 110

MON., DEC. 4, 1989

GOVERNMENT BY EMERGENCY

Today, the U.S. faces a multitude of crises. The banking system is practically bankrupt. Debt stands at an all-time high. The AIDS epidemic threatens to overrun the citizenry.

These are but three crises of many which could result in economic or physical devastation for the United States. And if such development were imminent, the President of the U.S. would almost certainly declare a national emergency to deal with it.

The presumed excuse for a declaration of national emergency is a nuclear war. In fact, most emergency regulations state explicitly that nuclear war is the most likely, but not exclusive, reason to force a declaration of national emergency. In a national emergency, the U.S. government can invoke a vast array of laws and regulations to deal with the crisis at hand. Many of these have profoundly negative privacy implications.

Emergency regulations cover the President with virtually unlimited powers with which he can affect the lives of American citizens in a host of all-encompassing ways. This vast range of powers confers enough authority on the President to rule the country without reference to normal constitutional processes.

The President might seize property, organize and control the means of produc­tion, seize commodities; assign military forces abroad; institute martial law; seize and control all transportation and communications; regulate the operation of private enterprise; restrict travel; and in a plethora of particular ways, control the lives of all American citizens.

The proportions of this particular network of emergency are tremendous--and totally undocumented. Even the Library of Congress has no centralized record of emergency regulations. According to a study done by your Air Force, more than 13,000 executive orders have already been issued. To overturn an emer­gency regulation requires a two-thirds majority of Congress--so they are not very often reversed.

Let me list a few orders with chilling privacy implications:

Executive Order 11921: "Emergency Preparedness Functions".

This begins with total censorship--not just press censorship, but the total control of all "devices capable of emitting electromagnetic radiation". That means regulation, perhaps even confiscation, of C.B. radios, televisions and computers. It further authorizes utilization of excess and surplus real and per­sonal property. The interpretation is that property owned by "hoarders" will be confiscated and sold. Who is a "hoarder"? To the bureaucrat, anyone with the foresight to prepare in advance for an extended bout of emergency controls. Hopefully--all of you!

Emergency Banking Regulation No. 1. Imposed in 1961, this venerable emer­gency order provides for strict restriction on the right of U.S. citizens to draw on their banking accounts in times of crisis. Cash withdrawals would be re­stricted, according to the regulation, "except for those purposes, and not in ex­cess of those amounts, for which cash is customarily used." Moreover, "banking institutions shall prohibit withdrawals of cash in any case where there is reason to believe that such withdrawal is sought for the purpose of hoarding".

You will be happy to know, however, that if a national emergency is declared, the IRS will be ready to audit your tax return. According to IRS spokesman Johnell Hunter, a newly revised section of the Internal Revenue Manual pro­vides for the agency to resume collection of taxes within 30 days of a nuclear attack. The revision, completed in December, 1988, reads in part:

"On the premise that the collection of delinquent accounts would be most adversely affected, and in many cases would be impossible, the service will concentrate on the collection of current taxes. How­ever, in areas where the taxpaying potential is substantially unim­paired, enforced collection of delinquent accounts will be continued".

SO BE IT!

AIDS EPIDEMIC

AIDS is rapidly becoming the most important disease since the Black Plague--ultimately far worse. The privacy implications of fighting the spread of this al­ways-fatal affliction are staggering.

As the AIDS epidemic worsens, an AIDS test will become a routine part of ap­plication for employment, insurance--all manners of health assistance, etc. A positive test will make it virtually impossible for the "victim" to work or obtain medical or life insurance. AIDS test results will become public knowledge.

AIDS test results will be made available to public health officials and, by exten­sion, to insurance companies and credit bureaus and distributed nationwide.

Members of groups known to be susceptible to AIDS will suffer increased discrimination. For instance, homosexuals have so far borne the brunt of the AIDS epidemic in the U.S. Insurance companies are already denying coverage to persons who are admitted or suspected homosexuals or drug users. Some insurance companies have even denied coverage to individuals living in zip codes where large numbers of "gays" are known to reside. Of course you will not be openly told, at this point, the truth about the refusal to grant insurance.

Mass quarantines of AIDS victims will probably begin. AIDS "concentration camps", which have already been the subject of a California ballot initiative may be built and AIDS victims (or perhaps those even testing positive for the AIDS virus) will be placed there to die.

Do these measures sound unlikely and far-fetched? Wait a while until the an­nual number of AIDS deaths in the U.S. numbers in the millions, rather than the thousands. AIDS will generate a full-fledged panic in the U.S. Privacy will be the last concern of those who must deal with this deadly epidemic. And further, how and who will support this major medical care problem?

BIOLOGICAL PRIVACY

The discovery of the "genetic code" in 1953 has spread development of an en­tirely new biological technology in the last 36 years. Techniques now under development will be able to "fix" genetic flaws--and more importantly from the standpoint of privacy, to detect them with greater and greater precision.

Do you think that an insurance company or employer would be interested if a genetic screening on you found that you had a "predisposition" to alcoholism or to heart disease--how about kidney failure?

Such technology is only now being developed. But as it is perfected, it will be­come possible for insurance companies, employers and the government to deny employment or insurance (or end it!) subject to the results of a mandatory test of your blood or urine. Now if you think this is unlikely and too much to be­lieve from Hatonn, please obtain Biology, Medicine And The Bill Of Rights. (See appendix.)

Make sure you are adequately insured, and gainfully employed, before these tests come into widespread use!

WHAT ABOUT THAT LITTLE
    COUNTING GAME CALLED "CENSUS"!

There is a massive media campaign already underway in the U.S. by the U.S. Bureau of the Census in preparation for the 1990 census. Among other topics, the Bureau is advertising that information related in census forms is confidential and that "the census is safe". Oh, please, by now I trust none of you buy into that ridiculous lie.

The variety of information the census requests--your racial background, your income, etc.,--is private information. And it is a crime to insert false data into a census form.

The Census Bureau claims that it goes to great lengths to keep census returns secret. What they really mean is that they go to any lengths to make you THINK THEY ARE KEPT SECRET. The immense task of compiling the cen­sus requires computerization. Moreover, once the data is computer-compiled, it is released in the form of "statistical abstracts" and made available to marketing and government organizations.

While your identity "might" be protected in such abstracts, it is possible to gen­erate a remarkably accurate profile of your income and social status by match­ing census data on the neighborhood you live in with your Social Security num­ber.

Of course the census is not safe. Ask a good old Japanese-American. In the early years of World War II, 112,000 U.S. citizens of Japanese ancestry were rounded up and interned for the duration of the war in concentration camps. In the 1970s, it was finally revealed how the Army had found where the Japanese lived--THROUGH DATA RELEASED BY THE CENSUS BUREAU!

In World War I the Census Bureau provided law enforcement officials with the names and addresses of young men to the Justice Department that were to be prosecuted for draft evasion.

ADVICE? DON'T BREAK THE LAW BY INSERTING FALSE DATA INTO A CENSUS FORM AND FILL IT ALL IN. IF YOU DON'T WISH TO COMPLETE A PARTICULAR QUESTION, SIMPLY WRITE, "I DON'T KNOW" OR "I DON'T UNDERSTAND".

Before I give you a conclusive "suggestion list" I want to cover the subject of privacy in your dwelling place.

HOME PRIVACY

How do you keep unwanted visitors out of your home? Well, you don't ask them in and you do what you can to keep them from being able to get in in the first place.

There are few feelings more threatening than that of invasion. The prospect of a home invasion represents the ultimate threat to privacy and the ultimate feel­ing of violation to your person.

The most elementary level of privacy in the home is to employ tactics to keep unwanted visitors out of it. Here are some suggestions that you should con­sider, none of which require "high technology".

Keep the area around you home free of obstructions that can hide an intruder. Trim or cut down shrubs to a level where you can see through to the street. In addition, shrubs surrounding a house should be trimmed back so that they offer minimal concealment. You may just have to give up a bit of landscaping de­sirability in exchange for privacy and security.

Improve the quality of your exterior lighting. Illuminate your yard and drive­way at night or at least the areas in the immediate vicinity of your house. The easiest way to control exterior lighting is to use a photocell-controlled switch which automatically goes on at dusk and off at dawn.

High-pressure sodium lights are most economical but give off an orange "glow" that you may find unpleasant. Mercury lamps (which give off a bluish glow) and metal halide lamps (which have a color very similar to household incandescent bulbs) are generally easier to live with than high-pressure sodium lights and are considerably more energy efficient than ordinary floodlights.

Many electrical utilities will install photocell-controlled exterior lights on your property and then bill you a set fee each month--usually no more than $10-$15 per month. This is an extremely economical solution if it is available in your locality. If it is not available perhaps your local Property Owner's Association could lobby for you as a group and get the service into your neighborhood along with some type of neighborhood watch program.

Secure all doors to make uninvited access more difficult. Exterior doors should be solid wood; steel is even better. Cheap plywood doors can be "opened" sim­ply by kicking them in. Buy doors with "peepholes", not windows. A window can be smashed to evade the locked door. Finally, place door hinges on the in­side, so that the door cannot be opened by removing them. Replace short screws that secure door hinges with longer screws that penetrate into the fram­ing of the house. That will make the hinge side of the door much more resistant to forced entry.

Next, install high-quality deadbolts on all exterior doors. Cheap locks can be pried off with a large set of channel lock pliers. If you are not sure how to choose a high-quality deadbolt, ask a locksmith. There are companies which produce locks which are virtually unpickable. (Medeco, Abloy, and Fichet). Have a locksmith install the new locks, which should be keyed on both sides.

A double-keyed lock will have to be unlocked from the inside every time you wish to exit from your home. Keep a key handy, but don't keep it in the inte­rior door lock or other location where an intruder can simply pick it up to un­lock the door.

Many homes have sliding glass doors which are very simple to penetrate. A skilled intruder can break into a home through a sliding glass door in a matter of seconds by lifting it off its track or by forcing its almost-always inadequate lock open.

To protect a sliding glass door from being lifted off its track, drill a series of holes at eight-inch intervals on the inside of the door frame about 1/4 inch be­low the top of the frame. Then insert screws in these holes that are large enough so that they must be twisted in and out.

To guard against locks being forced, drill a hole in the metal area where one sliding door overlaps the other when the unit is completely shut. Then place a large nail in the hole. You can also insert a metal bar or stout wooden rod in the path where the door would be forced open, bracing it against the door frame.

Secure all windows. Your next step should be to critically examine all win­dows. The best kind of window protection is locking shutters, but few home­owners are willing to go to the considerable expense of installing them. Single-hung windows can be protected using the same method described for sliding glass doors; i.e., drill a hole and insert a nail in the hole in the overlapping area.

You can also buy locks that fit in the window frames to prevent the window from being opened. Buy the type that is opened and closed with an allen-head (hexagonal) wrench. It is more difficult to force open than types that operate with a thumbscrew.

The jalousie windows found in Florida and other mild climates are completely unsuited to security and should be replaced with crank-operated or double-hung windows. (A Southern Florida television station once filmed an ex-con break­ing into a home in less than 30 seconds by removing jalousie panes and pene­trating the window screen with his fist).

Get a dog. A female is best. One technique used by serious thieves to silence or distract a male dog is to bring along a female in heat. A barking dog, no matter its size, will discourage intruders. When you are training the dog, make sure that you don't make him afraid to bark since that is exactly what you want him to do if he hears an intruder.

IF YOUR HOME IS INVADED
    If your home is broken into, your first instinct may be to confront the intruder. This is not recommended since you have no idea who or how many individuals you will be facing. By doing so you are literally taking your life into your hands.

A better strategy is to retreat into a "citadel room" that you have prepared in advance with heavy doors that has no window access. If this room is equipped with a telephone, you can go to it at the first sign of trouble and call for help, knowing that you are relatively safe. If you keep a firearm in your home this is the room where it should be stored.

Never use a firearm against an intruder unless it is literally a case of life or death. Laws in most states impose a burden of self-defense on a private citizen using a firearm; you can discharge a gun only if your life is in imminent dan­ger. Of course, if an intruder manages to penetrate into your citadel room and confronts you, your use of a firearm to stop him would probably be justified. Remember this slogan: "Better to be tried by twelve than carried by six"!

SECURITY SYSTEM

Once you have completed these simple steps, none of which require much tech­nology, you might wish to consider electronic security hardware to detect and/or deter home intrusion. An enormous variety of equipment is available to home-owners for this purpose, including closed-circuit television, motion sen­sors, noise detectors, etc. For best effect, this technology should be incorpo­rated into an integrated system.

The following comments of Paul Nelson, author of Designing An Alarm System, should be helpful in designing an electronic security system for your home or business. (See appendix.)

In order to design a security system for your home or business you must under­stand why they are needed. You must also think in terms of how a burglar at­tacks a home or business. And you must understand the reasons why different situations require different types of protection.

The best place to begin is with the method of operation of the thief. To design a security system, you must think like the thief. You should first ask yourself: How would I enter the building with the least risk to myself?

ENTRY

FBI statistics tell you that most surreptitious entries, a full 90%, are made through doors; 6% through windows, 3% through the roof and 1% right through the walls.

You must also determine the value of the commodity you want to protect--what is the thief after in your place?

High risk items include expensive consumer products with instant cash value: jewelry, gold, silver, furs, appliances and of course, cash itself.

Medium risk items include expensive consumer products with instant, but lower, cash value: electric typewriters, calculators, computers, musical instru­ments, power tools.

Low risk items are not easily liquidated for cash and probably will not be stolen by an experienced thief; they include books, furniture and things of that nature.

Next, consider when the burglary will occur. Commercial burglaries usually occur when the business is not open, primarily at night or on weekends. Occa­sionally a business will be burglarized in the early morning hours.

Residential burglaries usually occur during the daylight hours. 85% of the time the home is unoccupied at the time of the burglary.

Next, examine different classification of burglars. Professional burglars can be classified according to their breaking and entering skills. A Class 1 burglar can evade most alarm systems as well as pick locks. These individuals usually go after only the high-risk items we have already described.

A Class II professional usually won't attack an alarm system. Instead, he will evade it by evading the points of a building that are usually alarmed (windows and doors) and enter into the building through the roof or walls. He steals pri­marily high-risk items.

A Class III professional won't attack alarm systems at all and will go after ei­ther high-risk or medium-risk items.

A properly designed alarm system will protect all except Class I burglars. And even a Class I burglar won't usually attack a home armed with an alarm. There are too many homes without alarms to attack with less risk of being caught.

A robber uses different tactics from a burglar. He places an individual in fear of his life in order to remove valuables from his person or his property. Many businesses are vulnerable to robberies or "hold-ups", particularly if they main­tain large amounts of cash or other high-risk items. Banks, grocery stores, liquor stores and convenience stores are some of the most frequently-robbed businesses.

In alarm security, a hold-up or robbery signal must be separate and distinct from the burglar alarm. It is usually a silent alarm. In a residence it would be called a "panic button".

There are various types of alarm equipment used in an electronic security sys­tem.

A local alarm is a bell or siren to notify neighbors or passers-by of unauthorized entry and to frighten a burglar into leaving.

A central station alarm notifies a 24-hour per day alarm monitoring station of an emergency at a subscriber's home or business.

Dialer alarms use preprogrammed messages to notify someone at another loca­tion or central station of an intrusion. When the dialer is "tripped", it will call pre-recorded telephone numbers and repeat a pre-recorded message.

A digital dialer (communicator) uses solid state electronics to transmit data to a central station receiving unit, over a regular telephone line.

Perimeter burglary protection involves connecting small-gauge wires to each door or window with a small magnetic switch to form a circuit. A small current is applied continuously. Any break in the circuit activates the alarm.

Space protection devices monitor open spaces within a defined area. Devices currently in use include passive infra-red, photo-electric, ultrasonic and microwave. These are commonly called motion sensors.

The central control panel is the brain of an alarm system. There are hundreds on the market ranging from devices that protect only against a simple burglary to micro-processor controls that have a built-in power supply, back-up battery and provide a variety of other functions and options.

The hold-up alarm (or panic button) is a silent alarm signal activated when a robbery or hold-up takes place. It may be initiated by the opening of a cash drawer, a foot switch or a radio transmitter.

The practical application of an alarm system is dependent on the physical configuration of the property to be protected. A good rule of thumb is to use perimeter protection as the basic part of the system. Interior protection can be added in rooms for which you wish to provide special protection.

The main doors should always be protected as well as any sliding glass doors.

If you install a security system yourself, you should always buy good equip­ment, apply it properly and install it correctly. Read the instructions FIRST and make all connections (and double check them) before applying power to the system. Also make sure the power to the Control Panel is on a 24-hour circuit.

There are also some inexpensive adjuncts to a security system that you might wish to consider.

Timers can make your home or business appear to be occupied even if it is not, by controlling lights, televisions and other appliances. They come in many dif­ferent models, from one time per day on-and-off devices to remote controlled digital devices with separate modules that operate through the house wiring. Some timers are also wireless.

Strobe lights are good attention-getters and may be mounted outside to flash when the alarm system is activated.

A good source for the do-it-yourselfer or the technician who needs to install equipment in a hurry is Radio Shack. They carry a good variety of equipment and tools. No matter where you live there is probably a near-by store.

REMEMBER THAT THE BEST DETERRENT AFTER INSTALLING A SECURITY SYSTEM IS LETTING THE WORLD KNOW THAT YOU HAVE IT. PUT STICKERS ON ALL WINDOWS AND DOORS. THIS IS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE!

Dharma, let us have a break now, please as I am being summoned for attention elsewhere. When we resume I think I should outline a very touchy matter in this day and time. You need to be able to purchase firearms privately and you need to do so while you can still do so.

This is Hatonn to sign off and move to stand-by status. Thank you.

宇宙生命一家, 無次 Justice Future Society Institute wave's Avatar
    가입일
    2004-07-16
    게시글
    힐링에너지

PJ 10
    CHAPTER 21

REC #3 HATONN

MON., DEC. 4, 1989 2:15 P.M. YEAR 3, DAY 110

MON., DEC. 4, 1989

FIREARMS AND PRIVACY

No subject is more imbued with threatening connotations than the subject of firearms. While crack dealers and organized crime use automatic weapons at will, communities throughout the U.S. are adopting ordinances that ban even simple revolvers from private ownership.

The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution gives clear authority for pri­vate citizens to own firearms. Yet it seems inevitable that "the right of the peo­ple to bear arms" will become increasingly restricted in the future.

If you buy firearms, you may be required to register your purchase with gov­ernmental authorities. Should those authorities in the future restrict or confis­cate firearms, registration will provide a "red flag" on the identities of individu­als to be targeted for searches and/or seizures. Purchasing a firearm privately may be the only way to insure that you will be permitted to keep it if "dangerous" weapons are ultimately confiscated by governmental authorities.

Depending on where you live, purchasing a firearm privately may no longer be possible. Some state and local governments require that any firearm, no matter how it is purchased, be registered. Other states require that firearm owners purchase a "Firearms Owner Identification Card", but do not require regis­tration of individual weapons. In any case, before you try to purchase a firearm, make certain you are not violating any federal state or local laws.

Gun shows have been touted by "survivalists" as the best place to purchase firearms and related items (knives, ammunition, etc.) in total privacy. While gun shows provide an excellent choice of weapons, and in many cases at a very competitive price, they are no longer the best choice to purchase firearms pri­vately.

Many tables at gun shows are manned by gun dealers. Such dealers are subject to increasingly stringent governmental requirements to identify both their cus­tomers and the firearms they have purchased. These regulations apply not only to sales they make at their shops or out of their homes but also at shows. If you want to purchase a firearm in complete privacy, you should avoid purchasing it from a federally licensed firearms dealer.

A better way to purchase a firearm privately is through a classified advertise­ment in a newspaper or magazine. Watch for someone to sell the weapon you want. What you want is at least a .38 caliber handgun but preferably a .357 or a .45 automatic. A
    12-gauge shotgun also gives pause to those facing one. If you purchase a firearm from a private individual rather than a dealer, it may not be necessary to register your purchase with local or state authorities. (Check the laws where you live).

PAY CASH! PAY CASH! PAY CASH!

Just make sure the advertiser isn't a firearms dealer. Before you buy, ask if the seller has a federal firearms license. If he does, he is required to complete a federal form when ownership of the firearm is transferred. While these records aren't yet computerized, there is nothing to keep governmental authorities from eventually "digitizing" this data. Remember: Anytime you buy a firearm from a federally licensed dealer, a permanent record is made.

Another way to purchase a firearm in complete anonymity is to buy a "black powder" weapon. According to Duncan Long, author of Firearms for Survival, ownership of black powder weapons is totally unrestricted. Most are still con­sidered collector's items, not weapons, by most governmental regulators. Moreover, black powder weapons have recently undergone some significant technological advances that overcome many of their drawbacks versus conven­tional firearms. (See appendix.)

Do not be gullible enough to bite on the "ban guns" touters. The criminal ele­ment is outfitted like armed forces--only in some instances--better! You will not control crime or criminals by not having them--you simply reduce your own protection as a citizen to zero.

This is exactly what the government is efforting at producing--a society of de­fenseless citizenry hidden behind the facade of individual protection. You ones are just about to help them render you helpless on all fronts.

Criminals and thugs (which for the most part IS your government) already have all they need to control or kill you--keep it in mind before you vote for that bill that buries you.

ELECTRONIC INTRUSION

Most Americans assume that they are not being watched, analyzed or recorded. The overwhelming majority of the time they are not. But technological devel­opment has blossomed in the privacy invasion industry. Victims of electronic eavesdropping are acutely aware of how vulnerable they are. You should cul­tivate such an awareness as well, to reduce the possibility that you will become a victim yourself.

TELEPHONE

Each year the average American spends hundreds of hours on the telephone. Chances are, you assume without even thinking that what you say over the phone is private. Usually your conversations are private. But interception of telephone calls is the oldest technique of electronic surveillance. "Wiretapping" has existed since at least the turn of the century. And in 90 years, the federal government and private investigators have become quite accomplished at it.

Since 1968 wiretaps have been illegal for all but the federal government to in­stall without the express permission of the person whose conversation is being recorded. Government wiretaps in most cases must be authorized by a judge, although many loopholes to this requirement exist. President Nixon's White House "plumbers" for instance, illegally tapped the phones of journalists, war protestors, civil rights activists and just about anyone else whose actions were deemed "subversive". Installing a wiretap is so simple that thousands of illegal wiretaps are conducted annually.

A wiretapper need not gain access to your phone itself, but only to the pair of wires leading to and from it. A phone may be tapped at the jack to which it is connected, at a junction box where hundreds or thousands of phone lines meet or even miles away in a central phone switching facility.

The further from your phone a wiretap is placed, the more difficult it is to de­tect. Fortunately, most illegal wiretaps are installed close enough to the phone to be detected relatively easily. But professional or government wiretaps which are usually made at a central switching office, are practically impossible to de­tect.

The most common type of wiretap is the "in-line transmitter", installed in the telephone itself and drawing power from the telephone's power supply. A sim­ilar device, the so-called "infinity bug", is planted in the phone and activated by the ringing of the phone. An infinity bug is designed to record both phone calls and conversations in the room where the phone is located.

Any long-distance telephone conversation relayed by a microwave tower can be intercepted and reconstructed by relatively unsophisticated electronic equipment. The National Security Agency for instance, has for at least 25 years routinely (and illegally) intercepted and analyzed virtually all telephone conversations beamed by microwave.

The Soviet Union has access to similar or identical technology, and industrial spies have also employed microwave interception to great advantage. Since it is virtually impossible to detect this type of interception, you should never assume your long-distance conversations are totally private.

Maintaining privacy in your telephone communications requires forethought and discretion. The following are a few options you may wish to consider:

1. Request an unlisted number. Unlisted numbers are increasingly popular to stop unwanted phone calls. A recent survey showed more than 20 percent of U.S. phone numbers were unlisted.

However, an unlisted number is not a privacy panacea. For instance, telephone company repair personnel have access to all unlisted numbers. There are many cases where such personnel have been bribed or otherwise persuaded to relin­quish this information.

In practice, you will find an unlisted number most useful to deter calls from individuals soliciting products or services in which you have no interest. But if an ex-spouse, ex-business associate, etc., is determined to contact you by phone, he or she will probably be able to obtain your phone number by hiring a private investigator.

2. The best way to get a private number is at the very beginning. Rent a mail box with a false name at the local private mail box company (not the U.S. Post Office). This is one of the cheapest ways on earth of creating privacy. There is nothing illegal about this. It just costs a little extra.

Then, when you move into a new home, give this same false name to the phone company and have the bill sent to your rented mail box. You will probably have to pay a lot of cash or a large money order up-front as a deposit in order to get this "no past records" privilege, but this is the best way to buy phone ser­vice.

No one knows who this person is. There is no red flag of an "unlisted num­ber". You simply disappear from all phone records. You are replaced. No one who looks for your number in the phone company records can find you. Pay your phone bills on time, and put some extra cash in the account just in case you forget to pay a bill one month.

A variation on this is to "move out". Have the phone company cancel all ser­vice. Then go down in person three weeks later and "move in". Use your as­sumed name. You are the new renter. You pay your deposit and have phone service hooked up again. Do this during your normal summer vacation.

Why don't you have any past phone history? You have been outside the coun­try. (You need not tell them precisely when).

Now for those of you who are less creative and not really all that concerned about phone privacy, I suggest the following second-best steps:

3. List your phone number, but leave out your address. This at least elimi­nates the threat of unwanted visits to your home from people who see your ad­dress in the phone book. This approach protects your physical privacy, while permitting you to maintain contact with friends or relatives who might be de­terred by an unlisted phone number.

Of course you must make the appropriate arrangements with the telephone com­pany when you first have your phone hooked up. If the telephone company in­sists on publishing an address, ask them to list it as "General Delivery" or use your post office box number.

4. Use an answering machine. Answering machines are ideal for screening telephone calls. When you tape the message your answering machine will give to a caller, you are under no obligation to identify yourself on the taped mes­sage.

Do not purchase an answering machine with a "remote access" feature. These systems permit you to listen to messages left on your answering machine from another phone. While the arrangement might be convenient, an enterprising privacy intruder can in many cases use his remote access device to listen to your messages. If you purchase an answering machine with remote access, look for a model that responds only to true touch-tone signals, which are actually two simultaneously sounded tones.

5. If you are contacted by a phone sales representative and don't wish to listen to a "pitch" inform the caller you are hanging up. Then hang up. If you are interested, but don't wish to make a commitment over the phone, you might ask for information to be sent by mail or offer to return the call later but require they NOT call you back. This will deter all but the most determined and offi­cious sales representatives.

If they persist simply tell them if they continue to talk you will be required to charge them $150 per hour for your time. Tell them you are a marketing con­sultant and this is your fee to evaluate telemarketing representatives. Ask for his billing address or credit card number.

Screen your calls. Technology is now available to allow you to screen incom­ing calls. One device requires a caller to identify himself with a code before the call is completed. Another allows you to dial a code to prevent calls from cer­tain phone numbers from being completed. (For instance, you could program the phone not to permit calls from a specified phone number to ring in).

Some phone companies provide a service that displays the originating number of a phone call on a video screen. This new development has immense promise to protect the privacy of call recipients. But it has grave implications for those callers who have a legitimate reason for wishing to remain anonymous.

For instance, calls to a government agency or to make an "anonymous tip" to the police might not be as confidential as you think if your number is flashed on a screen at the receiving end. Or if you order merchandise over the phone, your phone number could be surreptitiously recorded and sold to other com­panies.

You should no longer assume that the origin of an anonymous phone call you make is known only to yourself.

6. Protect telephone privacy in your home or office. If you suspect that someone might be listening in to your conversations on another extension, you might wish to purchase a device known as "PhoneGuard" which is attached to your phone. If another extension is picked up, a light will begin to flash, alert­ing you to possible eavesdropping.

7. Use public phones. For calls you wish to keep confidential, consider using a public phone. Some public phones are bugged but the sheer number of public phones assures that most are not. Maximum privacy requires that you pay for the call with coins, not a credit card that can be traced back to your name or telephone number.

8. Use a cellular phone. Another way to increase telephone privacy is to use a cellular phone in a moving automobile. As you travel, different portions of the cellular phone network handle your calls. While it is relatively simple to inter­cept a cellular phone call, it is difficult for a stationary observer to listen in while the target moves through different zones in the cellular network. Just make sure that you take your cellular phone with you when you leave your ve­hicle, so someone can't break in and plant a bug in it! (If you really think your car might be bugged, you can get it "swept" by a professional, just as you could your home or office).

WIRETAPS

A few measures to protect against wiretaps are as follows:

1.Consider purchasing equipment to detect wiretaps. In-line transmitters and infinity bugs can be detected through "wiretap detectors" that measure the electrical characteristics of a telephone circuit. An example is the "Telephone Security Analyzer", available for around $60 from Josef's Storhaus. (See ap­pendix.)

However, such devices are hardly foolproof. A tap may be placed nearly any­where on the line and the detector will be effective only for those wiretaps lo­cated near enough so that a electronic disturbance can be detected. For profes­sionally placed taps, wiretap detectors are practically useless. (See appendix: THE BIG BROTHER GAME and ELECTRONIC EXPOSURE: HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY.)

2. If you are told your phone is always busy, even when you know it is not, you may be the victim of an infinity bug. Disassemble the phone and inspect it for any foreign components.

3. Know how to defeat a voice stress analyzer. Even if your conversations aren't surreptitiously recorded, they may be run through a "voice stress ana­lyzer" to determine if what you are saying is true. This device, which can be used with either live or taped conversation, detects vocal "microtremors" that supposedly indicate stress; if there is stress in your voice, the analyzer is de­signed to detect it.

Insurance companies, government agencies and private investigators all use voice stress analyzers. Using one is not illegal, although the conclusions of its operator (as a lie detector) are not admissible in court.

If you believe that your conversation is being analyzed by such a device, lower your voice and whisper. The effectiveness of microtremors is reduced consid­erably in whispered or hissed speech.

Incidentally, voice stress analyzers are even less reliable than lie detectors. In fact, several tests of voice stress analyzers showed them to actually have an ac­curacy of less than 50 percent--a rate you could achieve by simply randomly guessing whether or not a particular person is telling you the truth.

4. As a last resort, consider a voice scrambler. A voice scrambler is designed to make conversation over a telephone line unintelligible to anyone without the appropriate decoding device. However, all but the most sophisticated scramblers can be defeated by a knowledgeable electronics practitioner. More­over, if you use a voice scrambler, anyone listening in is bound to wonder what you are trying to hide.

5. Even if you are confident your phone is not tapped, don't make the mis­take of assuming your telephone calls are private. Their content may be, but your telephone bill itself is not. For instance, government agencies are rou­tinely given access to records of long-distance phone calls.

By examining the phone calls you have made, a revealing profile of your lifestyle, your investment habits and your friends can be constructed. In addi­tion, some long distance telephone companies sell records of telephone calls to private companies who reconstruct the calls you have made and sell the resulting data to direct marketing firms.

MISCELLANEOUS TYPES OF
    ELECTRONIC SURVEILLANCE

The telephone is merely the most convenient access to your private conversa­tions for a would-be eavesdropper. A much wider variety of technology is available for a determined spy.

Enter the "bug". A bug is nothing more than an electronic device that is capa­ble of detecting spoken conversation and relaying it to another location. Bugs at their simplest consist only of a microphone and a transmitter. While most bugs are now illegal to sell, anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of soldering can construct one in a few minutes with components purchased over-the-counter at an electronic hobby store.

One popular item is a microphone about 1/4 inch on a side. Add a transmitter, and for less than $25, you have a device that can be hidden almost anywhere and is virtually invisible. Wired into a building electrical system, it will trans­mit any conversation in a room as far as several hundred feet away to a waiting receiver. The receiver may be nothing more sophisticated than an FM radio.

An individual planting a bug is limited only by his imagination as to where he might place it. Bugs have been found on the undersides of ashtrays, in waste­baskets, underneath desks, inside telephones and in light fixtures.

The simplest bugs are "stationary mike" designs, such as the $25 device just de­scribed. Such a unit is planted in a location where the intended target spends a large amount of time (such as an office or bedroom). One type is a flexible "tube mike" that can be placed in electrical outlets, keyholes, air ducts, etc. A "spike mike" is more rigid and can penetrate relatively hard surfaces such as walls. A "contact mike" can be attached to any interior surface.

The bugs I have described thus far are "active" devices that emit electronic sig­nals that can be detected with the appropriate equipment. Other so-called "passive" bugs emit no signals at all and are almost impossible to detect without a thorough visual search.

The most common way offices are bugged is by employing speakers tied into an intercom. Since power is already applied to the intercom speakers, a prospec­tive spy can simply attach two wires to a speaker and run them to a desired lo­cation and "listen in" to conversations in a targeted office. This bug is so sim­ple to set up that any office with an intercom speaker can be "wired" in a matter of mere minutes. Since there is no transmitter, such a passive bug is practically undetectable. (See appendix: INTRODUCTION TO BUGS AND TAPS.)

Other types of passive bugs are activated by laser beams or microwave beams. The most famous case involving passive surveillance was uncovered in 1952 in the Moscow office of the U.S. Ambassador. A cylinder containing a diaphragm and an antenna was found embedded in a wall hanging of the Great Seal of the United States. Soviet technicians aimed a microwave beam at the device, en­abling them to decode top-secret conversations taking place there. Passive bugs have also been constructed from drum sets, speaker cones, water in a toilet bowl, water fixtures, etc.

In recent years, no passive bug received more attention than the so-called "laser window vibration reader". This device, for instance, was featured on the cover of Radio Electronics; inside were step-by-step instructions on how to build the device for less than $1,000.

Your voice is not the only "vibration" that can be detected by passive means. For instance a laser or microwave beam can be used to monitor the tiny amount of radiation that a computer emits and another computer used to decode such in­formation. For this reason, military computers are often enclosed in lead sheathing to trap these emissions.

A spy need not plant an eavesdropping device in order to listen in on your conversations. A "rifle mike" will amplify spoken conversation at a considerable distance. The eavesdropper simply aims the microphone at his target, puts on a headset and begins recording. Such devices can be effective from several hun­dred yards away. They are easy to construct and mail order companies offer a selection of models.

As those who have followed the construction of the U.S. Embassy in Moscow realize, even an entire building can be bugged. During assembly of the Moscow embassy's walls, thousands of bugs were implanted, each of them drawing power from the electrical grid. Cheap "diodes" were planted by the thousands as well, decoys that would respond to an electronic "sweep" for bugs in much the same way as a bug itself. Any building subjected to such "built-in" surveillance can never be made fully secure.

The newest bugs provide both an audio and a visual record of their target's movement and conversation. One model is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and can be disguised as a book, a computer modem or any other innocuous object. Another is installed in a car antenna.

The "two-way" cable television systems that are used in a few locales also provide a method of continuous surveillance. Originally used as the basis of a home security system, the computers at the cable companies' offices are capable of monitoring movements in the homes so equipped.

I believe that you will now better understand why we are so insistent that Oberli and Dharma have no overnight guests other than family. Every room in the house is bugged, especially the guest bedroom and bath. Everyone who even visits them is identified and put under instant surveillance during their stay in the dwelling. We monitor very closely what is talked about in sessions but we cannot attend every conversation among guests. The entire premises surround­ing the property is monitored, including "meditation rock".

Please understand that it is not ungracious hosts involved here, it is the security of not only Oberli and Dharma but the project and visitor as well. We have been most severe and yet we are unable to maintain the discipline for one reason or another--I urge you to consider these matters most carefully as microdots continue to be brought inside the dwelling by totally unsuspecting visitors and we cannot always pick up the low-frequency signals immediately. It is not un­til the impact has already bumped off Dharma with extremely negative physical problems that we are alerted. These are specifically set to impact her frequency pattern. It is occurring almost weekly.

If we are aware you are expecting guests we can monitor and "sweep" them first but I can only urge you ones to be more cooperative for one slip-up and your information source is lost. I realize you cannot comprehend this type of impact nor the magnitude of this which I tell you. You simply must believe me and act accordingly.

I would point out the ease of surveillance in least expected places. When ones even stay in their own vehicles, on your property, they are totally monitored.

It is so bad in fact, that we may require these ones to change location if we can­not get it cleared and under control. We prefer not to find that necessary for we are all quite comfortable in the knowledge of the surveillance as it now is oper­ating. If we were to require placement elsewhere there would be greatly in­creased security problems and hazards due to the necessity of the "buggers" to install and set up new facilities. So be it, one more word to the wise should be sufficient.

MAINTAINING ELECTRONIC PRIVACY

If someone who wants to eavesdrop on your conversation cannot enter your living or working space, his efforts will be much more difficult. And therein lies the secret of defeating electronic surveillance.

Place yourself in the shoes of someone who might wish to bug you. Who would he hire to do the work? Your secretary? Your custodian? Your auto mechanic? Would he pose as a tradesman: an electrician; a plumber; a tele­phone repairman?

In general, you should restrict access to your office or your home only to those
    individuals who you trust implicitly. And you should insist on positive identification for tradesmen you admit into your home or office. Moreover, you should not permit them to work unattended.

Familiarize yourself with the appearance of the most common bugs. For in­stance, you might wish to visit a local electronics hobby shop and tell them that you are looking for a way to monitor your six-month old baby when you are asleep or away from home. Look over the components they recommend very carefully to become familiar with their appearance, or get a book which illus­trates many "bugs".

If you feel that you are the victim of electronic surveillance, your local police department may also be able to provide assistance, assuming they are not the perpetrators. If the police are unable to assist you, ask trusted friends and col­leagues who they would recommend for a "sweep" of your home or office.

If they are unable or unwilling to make a recommendation, look in the local Yellow Pages for firms advertising under "Electronic Security Services" or similar headings. For obvious reasons, many electronic surveillance profession­als refuse to name references. But a background in military or commercial electronics is a common denominator for most and you should check these qualifications.

Before you hire a service to sweep for bugs, test their competence by concealing a bug yourself (assembled from components purchased at your local hobby store) and asking the "experts" to find it. If they fail this simple test, find an­other service!

In all the publicity over electronic surveillance, a thriving "do-it-yourself" bug detection business has emerged. You can rent or purchase countermeasures equipment and learn to use it yourself to "sweep" your home, office or automo­bile.

Unfortunately, most do-it-yourself efforts are ineffective and provide a false sense of security. A sweep must be very thorough and performed over a wide range of electronic frequencies to have any significant chance of success. Even if you find a bug, there may be more than one planted.

In addition, much of the equipment sold or rented is practically worthless. For instance, it has been demonstrated on several occasions that the $6,000 "RF Bug Detector" has failed to detect the presence of a $25 bug.

Even worse are the "magic wands" sold at electronics hobby shops. So beware.

If you are in doubt about how to use countermeasures equipment or what equipment to employ, hire a professional.

If you proceed on your own, perform both a visual search and a search with the appropriate countermeasures equipment. Begin with a thorough visual search in each room you suspect to be bugged. Check any recent additions to the room; a potted plant, a new picture on the wall, a new telephone--anything. Also ex­amine draperies, books, lamp bases, wastebaskets, the undersides of desks and chairs, etc. With electrical power off, disassemble light fixtures, light switches and electrical outlets. Also look for mismatched paint on walls, ceilings and floors that might disguise a tube microphone. A spike mike embedded in a wall often can be detected by small cracks in the wall.

Passive bugs are much more difficult to detect, since they provide no electronic "signature". Once a passive bug is in place, your only defense may be em­ploying countermeasures that add "irrelevant" information to the vocal spectrum that is being recorded directly or reconstructed from vibration analysis. A "white noise" generator (often used by individuals who have difficulty sleeping in a noisy environment) is also effective in masking conversation. The old standby of playing a radio loudly is also somewhat effective.

If you wish to go "high-tech" there are an ample number of expensive machines you can purchase. To detect all but the simplest bugs, a "spectrum analyzer" costing upwards of $10,000 is required. While this machine can't detect passive bugs, it will detect the $25 ones the $6,000 device cannot.

There is something further you should consider right from the start, especially if you have a professional "sweep" and find something. You can be sure if you are worth monitoring, you will simply be set-up again. As with this placement--why bother, the system will be replaced and operable within twelve hours be­cause the system is so well laid out. In this instance, you simply must use cau­tion to protect the security of both the dwellers and the visitors for there is no way to keep the bugs cleaned out. In this instance the surveillance equipment is most sophisticated indeed, and would be missed by even the professionals.

Should you have reason to believe that you are being targeted by a laser window vibration reader, a device costing more than $1,000 is available to sit in the room in question and emit tones in ultrasonic frequencies. This machine is de­signed to make the windows vibrate continuously at a very rapid rate, confusing the laser device. A "low-tech" substitute for the $1,000 device is also available: a $2 dog whistle or rodent control device. Of course, to provide protection during the course of a conversation, one person must "whistle" while the other talks. This would probably be most distracting but a lot less expensive.

Dharma, enough for today as it has been a most intensive day. We will effort at concluding this document within another day or so for it would be most ap­preciated if the finished, ready for printing, document could be gotten out of this place no later than the 15th. Thank you. We are aware that it is most pressing for you ones but the information is so timely that it is quite necessary.

In appreciation, I now move to clear frequency.
    Good evening,
    Hatonn to clear frequency and moving to stand-by status.

PJ 10
    CHAPTER 22
    REC #1 HATONN
    TUE., DEC. 5, 1989 7:30 A.M. YEAR 3, DAY 111

TUE., DEC. 5, 1989
    Hatonn present in Truth and radiance, thank you for inquiring.

Dharma, I would like to set things up according to how you at human level re­ceive most effectively. However, there is still such a jumble of confusion as to methodology of getting timely information into your hands immediately that I feel I must add things to these daily writings, journals or no journals.

I believe what I will do is write this section on what to do in preparation for your departure as if nothing has changed in your world except your privacy and governmental control.

I will then tell you what is really planned for your monetary changeover and give you some last minute head pounding, in the INTRODUCTION. It does mean that we must move right along to insure the laggards and those "not sure they believe Hatonn" have time to act--a very brief period indeed.

PROBATE. YOUR WILL AND TESTAMENT

At the rate with which your government sinks farther in trouble and the "big boys" are getting you in control, your property will be confiscated at your demise instead of distributed to your heirs. You will be basically worthless and all you will have left is your testament which might tell your heirs how much you loved them or disliked them. Ultimately all estates of deceased persons will become state property.

I can talk about "wills" and offer solutions which may or may not be of value to you. I WILL AGAIN REPEAT--THE ONLY VALID WAY TO HANDLE YOUR DEMISE IS THROUGH A CORPORATION (IN NEVADA) WITH YOUR HEIRS AS STOCKHOLDERS AND OFFICERS, ETC. I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU SET IT UP UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT AND I SHALL ASK CORT CHRISTIE OF NEVADA CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS, INC., TO WRITE A PAPER ON THE SUBJECT SO THAT YOU CAN MORE EASILY UNDERSTAND THE STRUCTURE THAN YOU CAN FIND IN THE MANUAL. FURTHER, YOU BETTER GET IT DONE BE­FORE YOU HAVE TO OPENLY DECLARE ALL ASSETS--WHICH IS PLANNED FOR VERY EARLY 1990! THIS GOES FAR BEYOND IN­COME TAX REPORTING. WITH THE NEW MONEY WILL COME FORMS FOR THE DECLARATION OF EVERYTHING THEY CAN FIND. THESE WILL BE COMPLETE WITH SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND FINGERPRINTS, WHICH YOU WILL KNOW NOTHING OF, AND THEN WILL BE MATCHED WITH YOUR IRS RETURNS FOR THE PREVIOUS FIVE YEARS AT MINIMUM. GOOD LUCK!

If you think I jest about what the IRS can do if they find any discrepancy in these matters, ask RED FOXX, the actor/entertainer, what they can do. They can come in and take anything and everything, then sell your entire property at auction. If the sums are not sufficient from the sale of your property you will go to jail regardless of age unless you will have income to attach, which they will do "before" the fact! I mention Red Foxx because his circumstance is be­ing projected on your daily news right this day.

Hatonn should stop right here and not even tell you other ways to handle the situation but all the writers before my time of coming forth will call "foul" for none of them recommend an estate corporation. So to make my point I will have to go through the tedium of repetition and, Dharma, you shall have to just bear with me.

I WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THESE ARE SOLUTIONS THAT MAY WORK FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. I WILL EXPLAIN THEM TO YOU AND TELL YOU WHERE YOU CAN GET FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS OR PRODUCE THEM MYSELF. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY OF THEM.

Most people assume that the only way to insure that their property will be di­vided as they wish is with a will. While a will does insure that property is dis­tributed to your designated heirs, it does not protect them from a system known as "probate". As you will soon learn, you should shield as much of your estate from probate as possible.

Probate almost always involves large attorney's fees and delays in your benefi­ciaries receiving the property they are due. Probate also involves legal adver­tisements and publicity. For prominent families probate court can be a night­mare of competing claims, shouting reporters and expensive attorneys. Probate is an expensive and a very high-profile system to distribute your assets.

Of course you should always prepare a will. But you should also arrange your estate so that you avoid the public distribution of assets that a will requires. The following pages, taken from How To Write Your Own Will And Avoid Pro­bate by Mark Nestman (see appendix) describe several options.

When you die, your executor presents your will to the probate court with an in­ventory of your estate's assets and liabilities. After examining your will to in­sure that it is legally binding, the court will place a legal advertisement in your town's newspaper. This advertisement will invite creditors to submit claims against your estate. The notice will also alert anyone else who wishes to make a claim, such as an ex-spouse, a disinherited child, etc.

While the probate procedure is relatively straightforward, more abuse occurs in probate than perhaps all other legal procedures combined. Even moderately-sized estates can be ravaged by the probate system. DO NOT LISTEN TO YOUR ATTORNEY OR YOUR ACCOUNTANT--OR YOUR BEST FRIEND--WHO TELLS YOU A NEVADA CORPORATION WILL NOT WORK. IT WILL WORK EVEN IF YOU LIVE IN TASMANIA OR ATHENS. GREECE.

I believe it must be obvious why the accountants and attorneys do not want you doing this! It cuts the need for their services to zero.

One of the most insidious ways that estates are ravaged through high attorney's fees is if those fees are based on the estate's total market value and not its equity value. For example, your estate may be worth $300,000, including a $250,000 home on which you carry a $200,000 mortgage. The total equity value of the estate would therefore be $100,000.

If an attorney's 5 percent fee is based on the equity value, it would be $5,000. On the other hand, if it is based on total market value, it would be $25,000. In other words, the insertion of a single phrase in the agreement your executor signs with a probate attorney could wipe out $20,000 of your estate.

No one wants to pay 20 percent or more of his estate in probate fees before the rightful heirs obtain their property. No one wishes to open the private affairs of their family to the scrutiny of gossip columnists. Most importantly, no one wants to see their heirs deprived of their property for as long as five years.

The moral is simple. Take whatever steps you can to reduce the size of your probatable estate.

Property that passes to your heirs outside the probate system includes:

1. Any property with a named beneficiary or beneficiaries. Assets such as a life insurance policy, an IRA, Keogh, profit-sharing plan, etc., usually have a named beneficiary. When you die, the proceeds are automatically passed on to that individual or individuals.

2. Property owned jointly with someone else. If you own property jointly with someone else, the surviving co-owner may be eligible to inherit your por­tion of the property outside of probate through what lawyers call a right of sur­vivorship. The form of ownership required for this to take place is called "joint tenancy", or for married couples "tenancy by the entirety".

3. Property owned through trusts. Another popular probate avoidance technique is the trust. There are many types of trusts but probably the most widely used to avoid probate is the living or inter-vivos trust. While setting up a trust sounds complex, many types of trusts are quite simple and can be created without an attorney.

A trust relationship requires three participants: the settlor or trustor who forms the trust and contributes assets to it; the trustee who accepts and manages these assets; and the beneficiary who receives the assets after the settlor dies. In the simplest trusts, the settlor and the trustee are the same individual--you--and the beneficiary will be your spouse.

The living trust permits you as trustee to maintain full control over your property, yet insure that it is passed on to the named beneficiary upon your death, without probate. You may change beneficiaries any time you like or even revoke the trust completely. Compare that to a less flexible probate avoidance technique such as joint tenancy. Obviously, you can't change joint tenants unless you buy the first one out!

To set up a trust, you must first formally transfer title to the property af­fected to the trust. This is a relatively simple process that you can usually per­form yourself. Even with the aid of an attorney, it is relatively inexpensive. NOT INEXPENSIVE, JUST "RELATIVELY" INEXPENSIVE! As long as you remain trustee for the property, no separate income tax returns are required for the trust. You should however, maintain separate bank accounts, check­books, etc., for all trust property.

Finally, there is the "safety deposit box trust" which allows ready access to your safety deposit box upon your death. Of course if your banks are closed and the safe deposit boxes seized, you have no recourse. This is a living trust that transfers title of the items in the safety deposit box to the trust and names a beneficiary to receive those assets. The trust neatly solves the problem of hav­ing the box sealed on your death until probate is complete. You don't have title to the items in the box; the trust does.

Upon your death, this box most likely will not be sealed. If it is, state tax authorities will discover that the items in it are held in trust. The contents of the box not being subject to probate, the seal will likely last only a few days and your beneficiary will thereafter have access to its contents--MAYBE!

You may also set up a trust for your bank account. You, as trustor, open a bank account in your own name, but add a provision stating that the money is held in trust for a named beneficiary. You maintain full control over the funds, but upon your death, the money reverts to the beneficiary--outside probate. Most banks will set up this kind of account with no fee simply by having you sign the appropriate form.

ALL OF THE ABOVE REQUIRES THE ASSUMPTION THAT THE BANKS ARE SOUND, ETC., ETC.

ONCE MORE--GET A CORPORATION IN NEVADA! IT WILL BE NO DIFFERENT THAN SETTING UP ANY CORPORATION--IT IS SIMPLY A CORPORATION IN WHICH YOU MANAGE YOUR OWN AFFAIRS THROUGH YOUR BY-LAWS, STOCK DISTRIBUTION AND VOTING RIGHTS, ETC. IT IS YOUR LAST BASTION OF PRIVACY AND HOLDING ONTO YOUR ESTATE. IT WILL REQUIRE PERFECTION IN RECORD KEEPING--BUT SO DO TRUSTS AND ALL OTHER BUSINESS OR TRUSTEED PLANS. YOU ARE MOST REMISS IF YOU DO NOT CONSIDER THIS MODE AND ACT.

YOUR BANK

Better look at a few items that take place in your banking habits. Let us look at those "cancelled" checks.

An "investigator" can have a hey-day with your old checks and check registers--they are not as private as you have been led to believe.

An "investigator" will pay close attention to your grocery market checks to see if you are "over"-writing checks to obtain cash. They will look at your phone payments--believe me, your checks tell a myriad of information.

Your cancelled checks record the names of your doctors and hospitals, the pub­lications you read, the relatives you help, the religious and charitable activities you support, the volume of business you give your liquor store and the amount you spend on transportation (including whether or not you consume more than your fair share of gasoline). The information in cancelled checks can be a mir­ror of your entire life, a reflection that you do not want seen by the wrong eyes.

Your cancelled checks are your property, and no government official or private investigator can inspect them without your consent, or a search warrant. How­ever, before you are sent a cancelled check drawn for more than $100, the Bank Secrecy Act of 1970 requires your bank to copy both sides of it. These copies must be made available to government authorities in an investigation. The Act also requires banks to record any extension of credit over $5,000 and any cash transaction of $10,000 or more.

With the passage of the Bank Secrecy Act, the federal government was given carte-blanche to inspect formerly confidential financial records. And as you will discover, the Bank Secrecy Act has led to widespread governmental abuses.

Congress included provisions to protect the privacy of bank deposits in the Tax Reform Act of 1976 and the Financial Privacy Act of 1978. The 1976 law re­quires the IRS to inform you when the agency requests information about your bank account. And the 1978 Act gives you the right to challenge the govern­ment's request to see your bank records.

Now you hit another low--the IRS can now go into your bank and audit your bank account and even seize it for unpaid taxes--without notifying you at all.

Despite these laws, the IRS and other government agencies can intimidate banks into revealing confidential records "informally" without any notification to you whatsoever.

I next quote an excerpt from The April Game, a book written by an experienced IRS agent.

"Four times out of five, when I walk into a bank and flash my creden­tials, I get to see anything I want to see. When they don't want to cooperate, it is seldom difficult to change their minds.

"'You won't show me the records?' I asked the plump little banker.

"He had pale-blue eyes, and he had a habit of blinking them rapidly. He looked almost as though he were about to burst into tears. 'I'd really rather not,' he said. 'I'd like to check with some other people around here first. I don't quite know what our position would be in a situation like this.'

"I nodded, then made a production of pulling a small black notebook and pen out of my inside breast pocket. May I have your full name, sir? And would you clearly spell it for me'?

"That got him. It almost always does. There is hardly an American citi­zen above the poverty level whose tax conscience is so completely clear that he isn't afraid of being audited.

"He mumbled, 'Well, maybe we can'. He scurried out of the room. A few moments later he was back, brimming over with cooperation. 'My secretary will show you any records you want to see,' he said. 'But just to protect myself--in case my customers get mad, you know, may I ask you to serve me with an official summons?'

"It was a common request, quickly arranged".

Your bank is not required to notify you when a private firm (credit bureau, insurance agency, etc.) asks for information on your account if the firm can demonstrate that you have authorized the inquiry. Forms you sign when you apply for insurance or credit authorizing "all institutions and individuals having relevant information concerning me to release such information" are ordinarily sufficient authorization to the bank for the account information to be disclosed.

Your bank may even release confidential information over the phone with no authorization whatsoever! A study commissioned by University of Illinois Pro­fessor David Linowes, former Chairman of the Privacy Commission, concluded that almost all banks give out information about your account balance, if your account has ever been overdrawn, etc., to credit bureaus, other banks and even individuals who casually inquire over the phone! About 75 percent of the time, according to Linowes, the customer is not informed.

To lower the profile of your bank account and reduce the information that an investigator could glean by inspecting your cancelled checks, consider the fol­lowing techniques:

THE BEST METHOD OF COURSE, IS TO NOT HAVE A BANK ACCOUNT! HOWEVER, IN SOME INSTANCES IF YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT, AS WITH CORPORATIONS, THE IRS CAN CLAIM "MONEY LAUNDERING". HERE I SPEAK OF PERSONAL ACCOUNTS--IT IS YOU FOR WHICH YOU ARE TRYING TO PRESERVE SECRECY. YOUR CORPORATION TAKES THE HEAT OFF YOU JUST AS LONG AS YOU KEEP GOOD, CLEAN, AND CLEAR RECORDS THAT SHOW ACTIVITY WHICH CAN BE EQUATED TO CORPORATE BUSINESS--NO LAW SAYS YOU CANNOT MAKE FOOLISH DECISIONS NOR CAN THEY INSIST YOU "MAKE MONEY" IN THAT CORPORATION--FURTHER, IF THEY DO NOT KNOW WHO OWNS A CORPORATION (NEVADA IS THE LAST PLACE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR THAT MEASURE)--WHO CAN THEY PICK ON? KEEP YOUR RECORDS SO IMPECCABLE THAT ANYONE CAN AUDIT YOUR RECORDS OR ACCOUNTS. YOU HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO MAKE IT AS DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO DO SO AS YOU ARE CREATIVE AND WE HAVE ONES WHO CAN ASSIST YOU AT CREATIVITY. STAY SMALL, KEEP EXCELLENT RECORDS AND YOU HAVE A SAFE HAVEN!

1. Write personal checks only for ordinary everyday expenses. Routine, repetitive expenses are ideal for payment with a personal check. Just don't write a personal check for any purchase that you would rather keep private. Pay for such purchases with cash or a money order.

2. Carry a minimal account balance. Larger accounts merit investigation much more often than smaller ones.

3. Open an account that does not pay interest, and maintain only a minimal balance. You will be asked to provide your Social Security number to the bank but you may legally refuse, since the bank will not be reporting any interest in­come to the IRS. However, the bank is obliged to keep your name on file if you do not disclose the number and must show this file to the IRS on demand.

4. Consider private check-writing privileges offered by brokerage firms. Money-market accounts offered by many brokerage firms are an excellent alter­native to a checking account at a bank. Brokerage firms are not required to copy cancelled checks, and checks ordinarily clear through a single group ac­count, not individually, protecting your privacy further.

However, most money-market funds won't permit you to write checks smaller than $100. Furthermore, brokerage firms are required to report interest you earn in your money-market account to the IRS.

5. You are not required to disclose your Social Security number when you rent a safety deposit box. However, you should use your real name. If you use an assumed name, your heirs may not be able to gain access to the papers and valuables in the box when you die.

6. Ask your bank if it has an official written policy on financial privacy. You may find that you will be told that there is one but it is only distributed to employees. The bank will claim that allowing depositors to see the policy would open the bank to a potential liability if the policy were not followed to the letter.

7. Ask your bank to provide a written guarantee that it will not release information regarding your account without either your written permission or a legal summons. Such an agreement in essence, merely restates the legal protec­tions you already have and if you are not notified already with the existing rules, you will not be notified with such a paper on file.

Most bankers will respond negatively to any agreement that restricts their right to distribute information about your account to anyone they so choose. In fact, you would probably find that there would be a refusal to sign such a document--they would simply suggest you use another bank for your business would imme­diately raise a troublesome "red flag" for the possibility of a trouble-maker.

I have one more tid-bit regarding your "safe-deposit" boxes. Materials held in a safety deposit box or private vault are not ordinarily insured against theft or other loss, even with a "valuable items" rider to your home-owners insurance. Safety deposit box coverage up to $50,000 is available from Investment Rari­ties, Inc. (see appendix). The premium for this coverage is about $175/year and you are not required to declare the items in the box. SO BE IT.

You would further be amazed at how much information can be given forth from a simple "informal chat" about your bank account with a friendly banker and IRS agent or private investigator.

LET US TALK ABOUT A
    RECENT COURT DECISION

A recent decision in the U.S. District Court makes it much easier for the IRS to examine bank records "informally". A January 1989 decision by District Judge Larry McKinney found that the IRS has a legal right to examine bank records without a summons, search warrant or court order.

In Raikes vs. Bloomfield State Bank, McKinney ruled that the tax code gives the IRS the power to "examine any books, papers, records or other data". The code provides sufficient authority for an informal request to be binding on a bank official, McKinney concluded.

McKinney's decision undermines the Financial Privacy Act of 1978, which re­quires that most government investigations require at least an administrative summons to force a financial institution to turn over customer data.

Dharma, please, may we have a break. I would like to review the data already placed within this journal that I neither leave out pertinent information nor overlay boredom upon the readers. I would like at least one more session today however, as time is of utmost importance in the presentation of this informa­tion. It is so much less valuable if people are not given sufficient time to make arrangements and big changes are coming down. Thank you for your service.

HATONN TO STAND-BY, CLEARING FREQUENCY.

주제글 정보